z

Young Writers Society

Nightmare Academy (Started)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat May 19, 2012 3:25 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Spoiler! :
No, it's quite alright. However - all out of character posts in the DT please!
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
Tis edited, as requested.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm
DragonGirl11 says...

Alex Anderson | Outside Nightmare Academy

"Annie!" My blood-curdling scream ripped through the air. "No!" I dropped to my knees, tears openly flowing down my face. Other students were cringing away, also screaming or crying, but none of them as much as me. I picked up my sister's bloody severed head and rocked back and forth, holding her in my lap. "Why, why?" I cried. Blood poured from her neck, staining my jeans.

I heard the someone telling the others who to call and what to do. Some of the students, who had jumped away from the head as it landed, moved in to comfort me. "No, go away," I said. "Leave us alone!" They all backed off respectfully, except for Cedric, who perched on my shoulder, screeching his own mournful cry at the sky.

"Oh Annie." I sniffed, stroking her white hair. "Why do you have to go now? Don't leave me here, to face this all alone." I brushed her eyelids down over her icy blue eyes, and set her head down by her body. She looked like she was sleeping, except for the bloody red gash on her neck. I knelt by her side, rocking and crying. I was supposed to be the strong one, the happy-go-lucky one. But really, Annie had been my rock. How was I supposed to go on without her? My desperate sobs and pleas for the life of my twin felt like they would never end.
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 am
tenshou says...

One second everyone was enjoying their mindless chatter and the next a figure emerged from the mist in the sky.
"NIGHTMARE ACADEMY" the scary looking flying man's voice reached up, loud and clear.
Recognition flashed across some of the faces while others, like myself, were clueless but terrified none the less.
"You have been given far too much time. You have a week to depart, usurpers, before I attack. This is a warning." he said while snapping his fingers, and a vortex appeared beside him. He reached in and pulled out a head of a girl, a girl I'd just the morning.
Screams filled the air as he threw her head back towards the ground before making his exit. My eyes widened in fear and I took a few steps backwards. I bumped into someone and fell. I just sat there in shock not bothering to get back up. In the distance I could see someone running to the fallen body of his friend or family.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am
xXmusicaXx says...

Spoiler! :
Nai will be the WritScripting teacher as well as the headmistress, as Camulaeus dropped out.

Nai | Outside the castle

I watched in shock and horror as Mordechai attacked my new students. I pushed my way forward, covering the rest and putting up a shield around the castle. Rialla, Madison and Nancy were immediately at my side - taking up arms and occupying their positions as our old team. Mordechai looked surprised, but he recovered quickly, laughed and portalled himself away.

I relaxed a bit, but left the shield up. I turned to the student and looked over them - most of them were shell-shocked, and some were whimpering. Alex was wailing in the corner - loud and uncontrollable sobs. I turned to Rialla and whispered, "Take them in and put them to rest - get Nancy to give them something for shock."

Nancy, who was nearby, heard me and nodded. Between them, they managed to usher everyone back into the castle - everyone except Alex. He remained kneeling by his sister's side and the dragon continued to screech. "Are you alright, Alex?" I asked, kneeling by him.

The boy didn't reply, choosing to continue stroking his sister's white - blond hair instead. "She's lovely." I said, looking down at her, and then out at sea. Her brother let out a choked sob.

Mordechai had attacked her outside the Academy - by the edge of the ocean. I could see the sky turning to a pale lavender as daylight crept in. When I looked through the fabric that seperated the Faustian realm and the Real world, I could see the sunrise. It was a curse that all who fought nightmares bore. "I never had any family, so I can't understand what you're going through. We'll give her a proper burial later in the day." He nodded, and I went to search for Nancy to request her to call a meeting as soon as possible.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:46 am
ChocoCookie says...

Madison | Outside the Castle

I saw Mordechai flying in the air, with so much more power as usual. What had made him so much more fierce? I remembered my brother, Luke's words at that moment.

Addie, Mordechai can grow powerful anytime. Be careful...

I opened my eyes, and I helped the other teacher's with the shield. I hurried the students to get in to the castle, but my eye got something more devastating. Annie and Alex. I saw Annie drenching in blood, and Alex pale and sobbing in a corner.

I ran to them, and caught Annie's wrist. I checked her pulse. It was going lower and lower. I didn't mention any of this to Alex. I looked at Nai and then, I no longer could feel her heartbeat. I looked at Nai, horrified. I put my ears on Annie's chest to re-check. Nothing. Just plain body and the blood leaking out.

"NO!" Alex screamed. "Annie!" He hugged her twin sister tightly like they would be attached forever.

"I never had any family, so I can understand what you're going through. We'll give her a proper burial later in the day." Nai said, and Alex nodded.

We got up to our legs, and walked together. I thought about my family. How I had lost them, in a very short while. I knew how he felt. I didn't speak up after that, and went inside the Castle, to check with the students. They all were frightened and sobbing.

"Are you all, alright?" I asked. They nodded. I sighed a relief. What a bad day and its just the beginning. I wonder what destiny holds for us.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:45 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Rialla Nevar/Inside the Castle
I went around soothing students the best I could while the other half of my mind was on Alex. "Je jure que je vont tuer cet homme, si j'ai jamais la chance!" I muttered under my breath while Nancy walked around distributing coffee laced with melatonin which was the best we could manage in such a short notice. Alex refused the coffee and just blanked out. I knew the feeling he was withdrawing into himself to a place where bad things never happened. I glanced over my shoulder at Nai who was studying Alex her face concerned. I walked outside and leaned against the wall staring at the spot where Mordecai had disappeared at. I studied the spot wondering how it could have weakened so much without no one noticing. I glanced over and noticed Absinthe curled near Annie's body mewling mournfully. I knelt and stroked him from nose to tail. He bucked his head against my hand but returned to mewling softly. Absinthe had always been very easily attached to people and I guessed he had attached to either Annie or Alex and was feeling the pain. I kissed the top of his head. "Reste en paix Annie, votre mort ne sera pas en vain je le jure et je suis sûr que je ne suis pas le seul qui fera en sorte que." I whispered softly. "Rialla?" Nancy called to me. "Oui?" I replied barely aware I was still speaking French. "Nai called a meeting most of the students are going to sleep and Alex is with one of the other students." She said. I stood and after touching Annie's hand once walked over. "Let's go." I said firmly.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver