z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: Divine Acension (Started But Still Accepting)

Reviews: 2
Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 pm
EchoingThunder says...

In the world of Pokémon, reports of a legendary creature visiting the region of Rohka are spreading quickly, and many young (and old) trainers are out to capture the Pokémon for fame and glory. There are those, however, who have much more sinister plans for the myth's supernatural powers. Such people include Team Corona, a large criminal division of scientists, thieves, hackers and thugs who intend to use the Pokémon's divine abilities for a diabolical plot...

In the small, quiet village of Sepaltown a group of young trainers aspire to track down this legendary being and bring it back to the town, to aquire this amazing fame. They will have to face a long road of obstacles and interferances to achieve their dream, but they are ambitious nonetheless and they will stop at nothing to complete their goal. But, in the narrow mind of a teenager, none of them truly understand the danger they put themselves in. In fact, little to their knowledge, they are strolling straight into the path of the reckless Team Corona.

Welcome to my first ever storybook! It would be nice to see this SB take off quickly, especially after all the consideration put into this. I would like to see this whole story to be relatively laidback, but there will be a few rules:

1. No Godmodding please. Not for the Pokémon or the trainer.
2. Please stay committed.
3. No sex, however romance is allowed.
4. No extremely short posts, I'm not too bothered to be honest, but I would prefer it if each post was no shorter than ten sentences.
5. Have fun!

DT: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=94537
Participants:
EchoingThunder (Harvey Neilson)
Roostangarar (Miguel Ramos)
FreeFalling ()

Here is the profile for trainers:
Spoiler! :
Name:
Personality:
Appearance: (Images allowed)
History:
Pokémon: (Only 4 please, include species, type and nickname if any. No godmodding or legendary Pokémon, and please list the signature Pokémon with the * mark)
Up For Love?:

Profile for signature Pokémon:
Spoiler! :
Name: (Nickname if any)
Species: (eg. Pikachu)
Appearance: (Images please)
History: (How did they and their trainer meet?)
Moves: (5 only, please stick to plausible moves thanks)

If you are interester, please join! If you have any questions please PM me!
Last edited by EchoingThunder on Sat May 26, 2012 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days; recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!"

-Charles Dickens

Mon May 21, 2012 7:58 pm
EchoingThunder says...

Trainer:

Name: Harvey Neilson

Personality: Harvey is a laidback guy who doesn't take himself to seriously. He has a good sense of humour and a lively and enthusiastic lifestyle. He is extremely loyal to his friends and will react seriously to those who threaten them. he can be a bit of a sore loser and will often sulk when he loses a battle.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Dude.jpg

History: Has lived in a small home of Sepaltown with his mother, father, and younger sister Kelly for all his life. He won multiple awards at his school for Pokémon training and battling. His life had been relatively uneventful until he heard about the rising of this new legendary Pokémon, he swore he would capture this mysterious creature and become world famous.

Pokémon: Carvanha -Water/Darkness- (Jaws), Electrike -Electric- (Bolt), *Sealeo -Ice/Water- (Wally), Haunter -Ghost/Poison- (Shade).

Up For Love?: Sure is.

Signature Pokémon:

Name: Wally

Species: Sealeo

Personality: Enthusiastic and positive, much like his trainer. Wally can get very excitable and rambunctious sometimes, which can get on the nerves of other Pokémon very easily. Aside from this, he is sociable and friendly.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Sealeo.jpg
Sealeo.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 366 times

History: Was found by Harvey washed up on the shore of Rosehip river. They bonded quickly and shared a friendship spanning eight years. They have never parted since they met.

Moves: Blizzard, Surf, Body Slam, Rest, Snore
Last edited by EchoingThunder on Sat May 26, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days; recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!"

-Charles Dickens

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 pm
roostangarar says...

Trainer:

Name: Miguel Ramos
Personality: Quite serious, always striving to learn more about his surroundings. Lazy but smart, doesn't show his emotions very often. Determined to win at almost any cost, but can take losing.
Appearance: Slightly overweight, but still in decent shape, tanned and tall. Short dark hair, with a constant half-smile as if he knows something you don't. Which he probably does.
History: Youngest of a family of four from Kanto, Miguel had to learn to battle quickly and well. A competent trainer, he prefers travelling and learning to battling, but when he gets fired up he goes all in.
Pokémon: *Sandslash - Ground (Shlesh), Tropius - Flying/Grass (Photo), Lapras - Water/Ice (Derek)
Up For Love?: Nope, already has a girlfriend.

Pokemon:

Name: Shlesh
Species: Sandslash
Personality: Curious but restrained. Sometimes disappears into his own little world. Loves eating and sleeping, like his trainer.
Appearance: A Sandslash, but with longer than normal spines.
History: Miguel met Shlesh just east of Vermillion city as a Sandshrew, caught him, then beat his older brother's Butterfree, becoming Miguel's firm friend in the process. Evolved in Hoenn on their way to Rohka whilst battling Tropius.
Moves: Sandstorm, Earthquake, Rollout, Poison Jab, Shadow Claw.
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

Reviews: 0
Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am
FreeFalling says...

Can I reserve a spot for this?

Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 pm
EchoingThunder says...

Of course.

-Charles Dickens

49 Reviews

Fri May 25, 2012 10:40 pm
roostangarar says...

Are we going to wait for more people, or just get started and let people join as we go?
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Sat May 26, 2012 11:18 am
EchoingThunder says...

Sounds like an plan, good idea Roost.

Okay, for those who join now please place your profiles in a spoiler. Thanks!

Let's get this thing started then.

Harvey

It was four o'clock in the morning, and the pale purple morning sky gave my surroundings a slightly comforting appearance. Miguel and I were planning to arrive at Biotine City for one at the latest, we had to pass through the Long Caverns to access route 344, which would lead us to the medical capital of the Rohka region. The silence between Miguel and I was very awkward, only the slow trudges of Wally and Shlesh across the fresh spring grass generated any sound in the cool morning air.

I searched my mind for something to say to my new friend, but nothing would make its way to my mouth. I was busy wondering about what my family would say and do once they discovered the note I left for them; Mum would start to worry and maybe even break down into tears; Dad would console her but tell her that I would be alright; and as for my sister, she would just laugh and dance around happily now that I was gone. My mind wondered even further to think of the reactions of my friends back at school. John, Kieran, and I couldn't help thinking about Trucie either. Her long flowing brown hair, a childish crush at the most.

"You're not getting cold feet already, are you Harv?" Miguel spoke, calm and emotionless as ever.

"Well, erm. I'll get over it, just give me a bit of time," I sighed, gazing at the ground.

He rested a hand on my shoulder, "when we get far away enough, you'll be too busy with our agenda to worry," this time he had a slightly sincere smile on his face.

"Thanks".

We stopped at the grey mouth of a large cave, the small wooden sign read 'Long Caverns
Falling rocks and water hazards, please proceed with caution.'

"Ready to go?" I asked, turning to Miquel, Shlesh and Wally.

-Charles Dickens

Reviews: 0
Sun May 27, 2012 10:05 am
FreeFalling says...

Spoiler! :
Trainer

Name: Alisa Mason (Ali)

Personality: Ali is often seen as a quiet (even reserved) girl, but really she’s just shy, talking more easily around her Pokémon then she does with people. If someone gets to know her they will find that she actually has a hilarious sense of humour and is normally very brave but can be selfish at times. She always tries her best and although she doesn’t like losing she can handle it- not letting people see that it does bother her. She never gives up on her friends and will stick with them until the end.

Appearance:
Ali.jpg
Ali
Ali.jpg (4.03 KiB) Viewed 299 times

Ali is of average height for her age with an athletic build and long reddish- brown hair. She has a splattering of freckles across her nose and her eyes are a shade between blue and grey.

History: Ali has lived all her life in a small town with her mother and younger brother and sister (they’re twins). She never went to school instead being home-schooled. (She learnt all of the same things though.)
She rarely got an opportunities to leave the town but has always wanted to travel the region (and other places, if possible.)
She is generally good with Pokémon always seeming to know how to heal their injuries.

Up for love: Sure. Why not?

Pokémon: Delibird- Ice/Flying (Dez)*, Snover-Grass/Ice (Shay) Misdreavus-Ghost (Dreamer), Ninetales-Fire (Nora.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon

Name: Dez

Species: Delibird

Personality: Funny, Laidback- often hungry (which never really matters as he often has food with him.), smart and very protective of his friends and trainer.

Appearance:

Dez.jpg
Dez
Dez.jpg (4.93 KiB) Viewed 299 times

History: Ali found Dez lying under a tree one day when she was 12. Somehow (and to this day she is still not sure how) his wing was broken in two places. She managed to calm him down enough to take him home and heal his wing (eventually). After that he helped her in a battle against her rival ( a girl who always thought she was better than everybody else.) They have been friends ever since.

Moves: Fly Present, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, and Aurora Beam.
Last edited by FreeFalling on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

49 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 pm
roostangarar says...

Miguel

I was a little surprised at my reassuring of Harvey, since normally I'm quite closed off. However, something in his demeanour and body language initiated a sort of older brother protective response. A bemused grin quirked at the corners of my mouth. I liked the kid. Absurd, I'd known him less than a day.
Originally my plan was to get some information regarding the route to Pistil City, then see if I could find anyone who knew about this legendary pokemon.
The gathering of information is paramount to success, I thought.
However, the kid Harvey had offered to accompany me, and I had subsequently jumped at the chance to have a local guide.
"Ready to go?" Harvey asked, breaking into my reverie. I read the sign in front of me quickly.
"Hmm, likely to see some Rock, Ground, possibly some Fighting types in here. Maybe even a few Water types if we're near enough to these 'hazards'."
I turned to Harvey, who looked blank at my observation. "Hey", I continued, "A type advantage may not guarantee victory, but it does help."
"Okay, well, let's go then."
We proceeded into the cave, which was dimly lit and humid. Shlesh loped ahead, sniffing the air and sharpening his claws on rocks. Wally pulled himself along, rolling objects of interest on his nose. It was peaceful enough, and the air was cool and damp.
Slowly, a distant roaring became audible. Harvey looked nervous and I too, was scanning the cavern around me. Before either of us could say anything however, we came upon a ledge our Pokemon had already reached.
"My, that's quite the hazard." I observed, hiding my astonishment.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm
AdventurerDaniel says...

This seems cool sorry I'm so late.
Spoiler! :
Name: Daniel Adams
Personality: He's a laid back guy but when it comes to a battle he's no nonsense going for damage as soon as possible. He can be sociable but mostly keeps to himself unless approached by someone else.
Appearance: (Images allowed)Daniel is tall with short hair he doesn't have a very muscular build but isn't particularly fat. He wears a red and black beanie on his head and a red scarf around his neck on occasion. His shirt of choice is a long sleeved red with a black zip up vest over it, normally worn unzipped. He wears baggy black cargo pants to store supplies and his equipment.
History: Daniel grew up in a small town in Johto after triumphing over the Elite Four and it's Champion he decided to wander and continue to train. Upon hearing of the legendary Pokemon spotted in Rohka he departed for that region to meet new challenges.
Pokémon: (Only 4 please, include species, type and nickname if any. No godmodding or legendary Pokémon, and please list the signature Pokémon with the * mark) Typhlosion - Fire (Flames)*; Cacturne - Grass/Dark (Noctus); Xatu Psychic/Flying (Alsing); Swampert - Water/Ground (Swamppy)

Pokemon
Name: (Nickname if any) Flames
Species: (eg. Pikachu) Typholosion
Personality:Flames is a bit arrogant, and overconfident in the extreme, much to match his partner on some occasions. Flames is reliable through and through though and a powerful ally and friend to Daniel.
Appearance: (Images please)http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/260/6/6/Typhlosion__s_Overheat_by_Delthero.jpg
He is slightly larger than other Typholosions and as such is Daniels primary mode of land travel as Flames is large enough to carry him with effortless ease.
History: (How did they and their trainer meet?) Daniel received Flames when he was a Cyndiquil from Professor Pine a colleague of Professor Elm. Cyndiquil has travelled with Daniel ever since winning and less often losing battle after battle. Their bond is strong and Flames would do anything to keep Daniel safe and Daniel would do the same for flames.
Moves: (5 only, please stick to plausible moves thanks) Flame Wheel, Flame Thrower, Rocks Slide, Sunny Day, and Solar Beam
Up For Love?:It's a possibility but Typhlosion isn't the romantic type
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 pm
EchoingThunder says...

Spoiler! :
It's all good. When you two find a space to slot in, feel free!

Harvey

I swallowed as my foot nudged a few small rocks of the side of the steep cliff into the flowing rapids below. I hadn't been into this section of the Long Caverns for a long time, this was the left junction which lead to route 344; the short way. "Indeed that is a hazard," I laughed uneasily, even Wally was unsure of the racing torrents. The only way around the crashing waters was a narrow, stair-case-like pathway to a cave that would take us even further into the dank tunnels and closer towards our destination. "We're gonna have to take it slow and single file down this path," I said, clearly stating the obvious. Miguel simply nodded in complience and walked ahead, Shlesh following right behind.

I readied Bolt's ball; his 'flash' move would come in handy when navigating the dark chasms upcoming. I held my breath as Wally and I began to descend in pursuit of Shlesh and Miguel.

-Charles Dickens

49 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 pm
roostangarar says...

"Wow, it's really gotten dark quickly, huh?"

The roar of the rapids had steadily died away at the same rate as the light had, until we were walking in silent darkness. I wasn't worried about Shlesh, he had burrowed into a patch of dirt halfway down into chasm and would probably meet us at the end.

"Yeah, don't worry though, I've got it."

There was a quick flash of red as Harv released a Pokemon.

"Bolt, how 'bout some light?"

The gloom slowly receded, revealing an Elecktrike who's yellow bands along its body were glowing. The increased in intensity until the cave was bright enough to read by. I nodded in appreciation.

"Good thinking. Where next?"

"Uh, the next left and then straight on. We should go through a big cavern and then we'll be able to see the exit."

"Sweet as brah, lead on."

We continued on through the gloom, Bolt leading the way. As promised, after taking a sharp left we began up a slight gradient into a very large cavern. Bolt began to dim slightly, revealing a second source of illumination from further ahead. Harv and I grinned at each other, happy to be nearly out of this cave.

Wally suddenly snapped round, his whiskers quivering. Harvey and I followed his gaze to the point of his attention. A Mankey was sniffing around at the entrance to a side tunnel. Harv's eyes lit up.

"Cool! Wally, use Surf!"

My eyes widened and I gasped. NO!, I thought, but before the word could reach my mouth Wally had unleashed a raging wall of water that swept through the area.
The Mankey was knocked out, face up in a puddle of water.

"Alright Wally! Yeah!"

"Harvey!" I hissed, aware of a low rumbling. He spun to me, still pumped up. "Get Bolt back in his Pokeball. Now."

He looked confused, but complied. I handled my own balls, trying to decide between Photo and Derek. I pulled Harvey towards the exit, releasing Photo as I did so.

"Congratulations, you have just unleashed a complete clusterf-"

"What?" Harvey's eyes were wide as he ran beside me. "What have I done?"

Almost as if to answer his question, Pokemon began appearing as if from nowhere. More Mankey, almost an entire Aron family, holy crap an Onix. There were many more, but I was too busy running to check them all. A shadow passed over our heads. Great, Zubat.. My Tropius swooped overhead as well.

"Photo! Anything comes near us, hit it with a Razor-Leaf!"

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:33 pm
EchoingThunder says...

Harvey

"I didn't mean to disturb all of those Pokémon, I swear!" I shouted over the screeches of all the angry cave dwellers. All I heard in reply was a grumble of impatience and irritation; saying I'd annoyed Miguel was an understatement. He pulled me by my arm towards the exit of the cavern, it was easy to see now the day had begun to brighten up.

Adrenaline was pumping through my veins, despite the fact Wally and Photo had our backs. Miguel and I ran faster and faster towards the exit and sounds of water splashing steel and rock cracking from embedding plants. Screams from Zubat and Golbat echoed from above, but were soon swatted down by Photo.

"We're almost at the exit! Keep going!" Miguel grunted as soreness from the sprinting began to settle in. A swish of wind lifted my hair and I yelled in pain as felt a slicing sensation across my arm. He looked back briefly, but only in surprise (or so it seemed); he was quickly facing the front again.

The exit was getting closer now, just a few more seconds...

-Charles Dickens

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:59 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

Daniel Adams

"So the other two will be through the cavern soon right Alsing?" I sat on a large boulder right outside of Long Cavern on route 344, "Well flames about time am I right?"

Flames chuckled slightly as he laid next to me. Suddenly Alsing turned to me pointing his wing towards the cave entrance. I watched as Miguel and Harvey collapsed outside, "Alsing help them immediately."

"Wally and Photo are still trapped in the cave." Harvey passed out immediately after telling me.

"Flames let's go help, Alsing watch them while we're gone." I hopped on Flames back as we dashed in to the cave. I rode in as Photo and Wally were being attacked by Golbats and Zubats. "Look out guys I'm here to help run to the cave exit. Flames, run to the ceiling of the cave and use Rock Slide then we're out of here." As Flames used Rock Slide the cave began to collapse. Quickly we started to run out. We turned enough to see as the cave collapsed. "Well Flames we are going to get in so much trouble for that." I laughed as we strolled back to Wally and Harvey and Miguel and Photo waiting for us.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:23 pm
View Likes
Z03Kill3r says...

Spoiler! :
Marcus! You told me you'd done a storybook, mind if I join? Joking, I'm joining anyway. :P

Trainer:

Name: Natalie Jane

Personality: Natalie is very much a woman, she is not afraid of using her charms to get what she wants out of men. However, in battle she is very passionate and confident, and often reckless. She is logical and quick-thinking, being able to find solutions to problems. However, where her wiley charms fail she can often get into a lot of trouble considering she often bends the law to get what she wants. She is very adventurous.

Appearance:
Natalie.jpg
Natalie.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 231 times

History: Raised by a wealthy family in the Sinnoh region, Natalie lived the good life, until she ran away from her strict parents, who wouldn't allow her to socialise with any people from lower classes. After living in a working-class family in Biotine in the Rohka region for four years, Natalie had completely changed and decided to follow the path of legendary Pokémon trainers. When she hears about the arrival of a Legendary Pokémon she decides such a goal is unobtainable, until a group of young men meet her in the local Pokémon Center.

Pokémon: *Rapidash (Alice)-Fire, Roselia (Ivy)-Poison/Grass , Froslass (Frost)-Ice/Ghost, Eevee (Lola)-Normal.
Up For Love?: Yes. (But only for a man who can keep up with her adventurous personality.

Pokémon:
Name: Alice

Species: Rapidash

Personality: Regal and majestic, very loyal to her trainer. She is aggressive in a fight, but will back down if commanded by Natalie. Natalie is the only person that can ride her, unless someone is given permission by her trainer. She, like Natalie, is adventurous and somewhat enigmatic.

Appearance:
Rapidash.jpg
Rapidash.jpg (7.51 KiB) Viewed 231 times

History: Alice was given to Natalie as a present at age 7. They both grew up together, and when Nat ran away from home, she rode Alice all the way to Rohka (save the oceans, of course). Alice is eternally loyal to Natalie because of their close bond and does not like being apart from her.

Moves: Fire blast, Fury attack, Agility, Sunny day, Fire spin
Take your time- hurry up,
choice is yours don't be late
Take a rest, as a friend,
as an old memory.

Nirvana
Come As You Are <3

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy