z

Young Writers Society

College Essays

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:24 pm
LittlePrincess says...

I need to write a college essay for tomorrow and I am completely stuck. Obviously no one here will be able to give me any specific ideas but any general topics? Ways to think of ideas? Things that you wrote about? I just don't even know where to start. Help is greatly appreciated!
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

College essays really aren't that different from the ones you wrote in high school. Depending on the type of essay you have to write (persuasive, informative, anecdotal, etc.), you may or may not need sources, and outlining is always a good thing to do.

The one thing about college essays is that you absolutely MUST cite all your sources. Non-attributed quotes and paraphrases are considered instances of plagiarism, and plagiarism is very harshly dealt with in colleges. Whatever you do, if you use sources, keep track of what piece of information came from where and cite it in-text (with a bibliography at the end); even if the citation is incorrectly done, it's far better than not citing the source at all.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos