z

Young Writers Society

Algebra 1 help!! Please Help! Due Tomorrow!!

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:09 pm
View Likes
Tabithalillian says...

Ok I have no clue what I am doing, my teacher just assigned the work with out teaching the right stuff so i am so confused!! So please please I need help!! badly! here are pictures of all the home work I need help with.

Living in a tower

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:11 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Ah, sweet, math I know how to do. ^_~

IS A SET CLOSED UNDER (X) OPERATION OR NOT?

Take operation: (Z, •) [this is math notation for "The set of all integers under multiplication"--you won't need to know this notation for your class.]

Try a few examples:

-1 • 2

0•3

1•2

Are all of the answers a member of Z (all integers)?

WHAT'S IDENTITY?

The identity element of any operational system is the element that, by the operation and a member of that set, equals that member of the set.

Take division--1.

8÷1 = 8
101 ÷ 1 = 101

1 is the identity element.

INVERSES:

With fractions, this is the "opposite", or reciprocal, of a number. This can be called the multiplicative inverse.

1/2 • 2/1 = 1

3/4 • 4/3 = 1

With multiplication, any number times its inverse will equal one.

I won't give you the other properties; those are easy to just look up online. ^_~
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:20 am
Cade says...

Is it a sad thing that I'm in AP Calculus and I don't know how to do half this stuff?

To be fair, I know the properties, but as Sam said, those are easy to teach to yourself via the internet.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm
JosephDean says...

Cade wrote:Is it a sad thing that I'm in AP Calculus and I don't know how to do half this stuff?

To be fair, I know the properties, but as Sam said, those are easy to teach to yourself via the internet.

I'm the exact same way. I passed AP Calculus and decided to go back and take PreCal this year (taking Cal again next semester since we never even got to integrals the first time *disappointed face*), and I don't even know what the first section on the first picture even means. :oops:

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 am
View Likes
powerofthree says...

that's easy, I did that stuff in 8th grade. Sorry I think it's late though.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy