z

Young Writers Society

Put myself in deep

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 am
babymagic18 says...

My short story is in first person.

What would be a situation in where a character would be trying to get away or avoid a situation? I need examples.

These examples need to pertain to an eighteen year old girl who is nearing graduation of high school. Lives with her best friends family and doesn't care for being in a romantic relationship. Any situation at all would be of help. I got to chapter six of my novel and realized I can't move forward at all.

And another thing....there's a vengeful demon.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:02 am
Rosendorn says...

What's her social life like? Does she have a lot of obligations for extracurricular activities? Family obligations?

Dive more into her life and ask "what does she have to do?" that should give you plenty of opportunities she'd want to get away from.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 pm
Tenyo says...

Sit down at an empty desk with a glass of water and a piece of paper with the numbers One to Fifteen written on it and a ink pen (or pencil without a rubber.)

Write fifteen possibilities. Don't move until you're done. I mean it. Don't move. Even if it takes you three hours.

It doesn't matter if the ideas are silly or inconsistent or barely even plausible, just get them down onto paper. Once you open your mind up the ideas will come rushing in faster than you can write them down.

If you reach ten ideas quickly then extend your list to twenty. By the time you reach the end of your list you should be feel the brain buzz.

Asking other people for ideas is a bad idea because you'll reject those as quickly as you reject your own, and then when you're stuck again you'll need to ask for more. Nobody can build your story but you because you know your characters and your world best, so if you're struggling with ideas the solution is not to ask other people for answers but to learn to be more creative.
We were born to be amazing.

Why is my dog your fig father????
— JazzElectrobass