z

Young Writers Society

Something...Supernatural

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

There's this one part in my novel where my characters (6 which is really hard to write when they all are main) are seperated in a underground lab. They have chains which makes it difficult for them to use their powers (they each have one of the 6 elements). The main characters (me) gets out first and goes to save them. When he gets near them, is it possible for him to slip into their body, and see them struggle to get free?
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

Mind clarifying a little bit? Who is the "him" slipping into one character's body?

This kind of behaviour does exist in supernatural circles. It's called a few names, from "body surfing" to "possession" to "two souls sharing a body." It depends on the variance of the power.

So if you could tell us who's going into the others' body, that would be helpful.

Also, just a note. In writing, anything can exist if you can dream it up.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2012 3:19 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Him is my main character. They are trapped in a underground lab, (there's six of them, 3 boys, 3 girls). He gets out and goes to rescue them. He's gained more power from an incident (which I have outlined). When he gets close to where they're at, I'm wanting him to be able to slip into them to feel their pain, know where they're at, and see how they escape.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

1272 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Then you're looking at a kind of mind takeover. He's got to be able to project his consciousness into somebody else's mind (the more benevolent types tend to ask to take over first) and then they can look out/take over.

Semi common power, usually associated with people whose powers include astral projection.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Fri May 11, 2012 5:41 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Ok, thanks. I'll start some research on Astral Projection.

1272 Reviews

Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Or, you can just make it up to fit the plot... artistic licence, after all.

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster