z

Young Writers Society

The Nose Knows?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri May 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Stori says...

To cut right to the chase- what does water smell like?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri May 04, 2012 9:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

What kind of water? Ocean, pond (stagnant, basically), lake, river? What size is the body of water? What's it near?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm
Stori says...

It's supposed to be a mountain spring, possibly underground. (Are there springs underground? I would think so.)

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 am
View Likes
Kale says...

It's hard to describe what water smells like if you can't smell it yourself, and not everyone can. Depending on the source of water, there's different scents, but drinkable water smells to me a bit sharp, like static electricity (pure water, on the other hand, has pretty much no scent at all). Underground water tends to smell a bit more like stone and mineral, while water from above-ground springs smell cold but sweet, kind of like an aftertaste of wild strawberries.

The thing about smelling water, for me at least, is that it's more than just a smell. There's a feel to it, too, all tingly and static-like, as well as various tastes. Subterranean caverns have cool rock formations and all, but I just can't stand the mineral taste I get from going in/near water-filled caverns. Blech.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe