z

Young Writers Society

Plot bunny overload.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Hey all! :D
So, I've had this problem - it's quite recent actually. In the past few months, I had some very important exams - the CBSE board exams - which signalled the end of my high school life. I was insanely busy during that time. I have a naturally overactive imagination, so whenever I get plot ideas I not them down in my little black notebook.
Now, it's the exact opposite when I'm not busy. I've lost all inspiration. I've been trying to write for the past month. Usually, I'd just write, no matter what. But for the past three months I haven't written a word. (Except of course, participating in SB's which has made my characters a lot stronger.)
I have over ten plot bunnies and a few dialogue scribbles, random pieces of dialogue keep popping into my head and I still can't write.

So I figured this would be the best place to ask for help. Please and thank you!
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 05, 2012 12:18 am
Rosendorn says...

Reread all the old plot bunnies, and let your brain go over all of them. Which one jumps out at you? Can you merge two together, at all? Are the characters talking to you, or any demanding a setting?

I try to let ideas form pretty naturally, so I wait until one idea grabs hold of me and basically forces me to write. Let your brain think them over, settle on the idea that sounds really cool.

Also, go do something else. Gather inspiration from other sources. Read. Look at art. What have you. Your brain can wander farther when you're not watching.

Hope this helps!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Thanks Rosey. :)

Another thing that popped into my head was if it's okay for ideas to be inspired by other writers. Like my sister, who's a crazed fan of HP and hence is dead set on writing a fantasy, and refuses to do anything but that.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 05, 2012 8:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

But of course. You can either use this inspiration for fanfic or original characters (and try to come up with an original twist on it), or just use that to decide what genre you like.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people can say they liked something about a series and started writing something like that, or something better, or even on a really small part of it. Or they're tired of reading the same stuff and want to write something they read.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 am
xXmusicaXx says...

Thank you. :)
This really helped me. In fact, I even got another plot to write about. And this is a story I really would like to write. :D

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman