z

Young Writers Society

What Scares You?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 am
krizbits000 says...

Everything. I think I'm paralyzed by something I don't know.

Reviews: 3
Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm
DarkDaughter says...

Things that scare me the most are things I can't see. I dont hate the dark I hate what is in it which is why I can never seem to close my eyes in the dark because it truly makes me feel something is going to come up and eat me from behind! I always find the best ways to write about something truly terrifying is to decide what terrifies the character the most and then go really deep into that, especially on how they feel, but I find not going right into what the monster looks like leaves a lot to the readers mind and makes it seem more personal to them and even more horrifying!
“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 pm
View Likes
psudiname says...

there are three qualities that make any monster way scarier to me personally. first, if it's smart. if it can think three steps ahead and find some clever way to trap/flank/coner me that I couldn't have predicted, it's way more frightening. secondly if it is fast, that limits your ability to know where it is, what looks like, and when it's coming. finally, if it has a trait that makes getting close to it dangerous, like acid blood, venom spines, legs on all sides of it etc.
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon May 21, 2012 1:54 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Very human monsters. Either as in they look like people and/or are (see: shape-shifters, serial killers) and/or they are very human, they can reason and think and they're logical and can feel empathy but they still do terrible things because they like it.

Also, invisible monsters. Like those from Signs. I was afraid of those for, like, months after I saw that movie when I was a kid. YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE THEY ARE. Gasp.
My SPD senses are tingling.

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon May 21, 2012 5:32 am
View Likes
Taxi says...

Very tall + thin humanoid monsters are pretty creepy to me.

Also, I have a fear of electricity if that counts.

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2