z

Young Writers Society

Product Key for Microsoft Word

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

A month or two ago my family bought this new computer with Microsoft Word already installed (up until then I've been writing on my school laptop). You can't do SQUAT (no typing, even!) with out a 25-character product key. I was planning to edit this story in the advanced critiques forums and discovered I can't edit it because I CANT EVEN TYPE.
You have to help me. Where can I get this product key?
Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:00 pm
Emerson says...

You usually have to buy it, or the product. It comes with the product, which then requires purchase.

What word is it? for XP, or vista? You didn't hear it from me, but you can get away with sharing product keys.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:03 am
Lynlyn says...

Yeah, if you Google around there are sites designed to assist people who have lost their product keys, but Microsoft generally gets on their case because a lot of people who "lose" their product keys... uh, yeah.

If all else fails, you can always download AbiWord, or, my favorite, OpenOffice. Both are free word processors that can open and edit Microsoft Word documents and save in .doc format (well, OpenOffice can, and I think AbiWord does too).
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:20 am
View Likes
Sleeping Valor says...

If you don't have the product key you:

a) Bought this computer second hand, so everything was already installed but as a result you don't actually have the original software (CD's etc), thus no product key which is usually on the box. In this case, maybe try and get in touch with the person you bought it from and get that stuff.

b) Bought it new. Normally, in that case, you'd have installed the programs yourself, in which case you should have the CD's and boxes. The product key should be on the box/CD of the program you're looking for.

I can't be more helpful than that. Good luck! =P
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:52 am
Trident says...

You probably had a trial period of Microsoft Word that expired, so you'll have to buy the software, which can be expensive. If you own the software, then type "find Microsoft Word product key" into a search engine, and you should be able to find a way to retrieve the key.
Perception is everything.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:28 am
Artecila says...

They pulled that with us before to. No hard feelings, Openoffice is better anyways.

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio