z

Young Writers Society

Interesting 'Quirks' ;) (Such as Synesthesia)

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:52 pm
Monki says...

No, you guys are really nice for trying to help me. Lmao. And, don't tell yourself to shut up. Ha ha. It's demeaning. Just so you all know, I'm not really researching this anymore. My synesthesia book just sort of failed... But, we can still have a conversation about it and stuff. It may help other people.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:35 am
Fand says...

Lol. I'm sorry I didn't find this in time! I'm synaesthetic--or, how I used to think of it when I was little, "colorful." I associate numbers with colors--zero is completely clear, but 1 is a pale yellow, two is bright yellow, 3 is a deep red, 4 is a lighter version of forest green--but I don't actually project. That means, I don't see them on the page; I just see them in my head, if that makes any sense. When I was little and memorizing the times tables it was handy because I memorized the sequences of colors instead of the numbers themselves. I also "see" sound as color, which helped me memorize all three movements of one of Mozart's concertos for clarinet in the 10th grade, lol. I know how certain passages are supposed to "look," so I can tell if I've gotten a wrong note--the order will be screwed up or there will be a color that shouldn't be there--or a wrong rhythm--too much or too little of the color. It's really pretty cool. I only wish I projected, too!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 am
Azila says...

Wikipedia wrote:In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, and/or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may have a (three-dimensional) view of a year as a map (clockwise or counterclockwise).
Ooh... I picture the year (and the week, for that matter) as an oval, going around clockwise... 0.o Never knew it had a name, though, lol.

I also personify letters and numbers.

Other interesting 'quirks' (lol) are phobias. I don't know if you're still searching or not, but that link I gave you is supposedly a list of all the known phobias.

Yeah... PM me if you like, and good luck! ^_^
~Azila~

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:27 am
Emerson says...

There was an interesting show that talked about synesthesia called When Senses Collide on the science channel yesterday. I'm not sure when it will be on again, but I enjoyed it a lot.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren