z

Young Writers Society

Cultish symbol for peace/fellowship?

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 pm
rosette says...

Hey, quick question. :)

Does anyone happen to know of any symbols representing peace, harmony or fellowship? Or anything similar to those?
It would be especially helpful if they have any cultish backgrounds or history.
On earth I long to be like Him

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:04 am
Evander says...

@rosette

Hey! What specific purpose do you have in mind for these symbols? Dragging and dropping cult symbols into a story can be a bit tricky, so I could probably better assist you if I knew more about what I was looking for and why I'm looking for it.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

276 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:06 am
rosette says...

@Evander

Specifically for a gravestone. Though I'm not dragging and dropping the symbols in. The idea behind them deals with the whole story. I just need them to represent that idea, if that makes sense. >.<

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:45 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

@rosette I think what @Evander was getting at is how cult symbols carry a lot of cultural weight, and would impact the setting/plot pretty heavily depending on what kind of cult it is? Like, a symbol for that from the cult of Scientology will have a much, much different plot and obstacles than, say, the Freemasons (which weren't a cult, persay, but do crop up in conspiracy theory lit a lot).

So if you can narrow down culture/time period it would help a lot!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

276 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:37 pm
rosette says...

@Evander I suppose this isn't as simple as I thought it would be. xD

The story's set in modern time, in a small mountain town, which began as a little community by the certain group I'm using. (They're completely fictional, but their beliefs relate to that of the Druids). The setting itself has a great part in their beliefs - not that they worship trees or anything, but nature gives them a sense of self. It's where they think they can truly discover who they are, and so on.

I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to say... as you can probably tell by now, I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area. :p

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:40 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Maybe fabricating your own symbol would be best for this situation since it's totally fictional? As they said, historical symbols carry a lot of weight.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

276 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:03 pm
rosette says...

I'm thinking that's what I may have to do! @fortis

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk