z

Young Writers Society

what to do with a lovercraftian hybrid?

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:26 am
ewolf20 says...

as a break from all that, I wanted to start maybe doing a short series of stories detailing a woman observing the by-product of an eldritch abomination and a human woman. he's only referred to as number 17, being the 17th subject in a line of other hybrids. the mother died giving birth to him and his father is unknown (although some say it's abbi-sahth, a giant bird-like creature made of dying stars and black holes). I just need to correctly portray the idea of Lovecraft hybrid decently, yet he has a father that isn't based on any elder god in the Lovecraft mythos. the main themes I want to explore is man vs self, society, and nature vs nurture. and the boy has wings which can turn into combat tendrils when threaten.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 pm
View Likes
Megrim says...

Both The Curse of Yig and The Dunwich Horror involve Eldritch-human hybrids, so I'd recommend reading those to see how Lovecraft himself envisioned such things.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:04 pm
Baezel says...

https://exoplaneeet.tumblr.com/post/172 ... lio-naidje

This post in particular suggests what an eldritch lovecraftian horror could be. (It should be the video of the... "frog" if I've linked it together.) I've got a few posts saved suggesting ideas for eldritch things, and I can look for them if you think they'd be helpful.

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron