z

Young Writers Society

Points of View?

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 pm
rainbow89048 says...

So, I'm currently writing a series. Is it okay for me to switch from writing in third-person in the first book and then go to first person in the second?
CiCi Delams :)
"I can be the subject of your dreams, your sickening desire."
- Troye Sivan

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:28 pm
Lightsong says...

It's okay; there's nothing wrong when it comes to writing. Just make sure the change of PoV has a purpose, and it's effective to deliver messages.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:05 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

You won't know until you try it. Playing around with PoV can really add to a work.

Typically though, books in a series keep a consistent PoV to help maintain a sense of unity for the series as a whole.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil