z

Young Writers Society

Setting research help.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:21 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

Okay, I'm not really sure where to start looking for this information, so I thought I'd ask here. The setting I'm looking for is a place in the western part of the U.S. that has a wolf population (if small) and only minor snowfalls if any. I thought about Southern Colorado, but that may be too much snow. Then I thought about New Mexico, but I can't remember if there are really any wolves there. So, anyone have any ideas where I can set this story? (If southern Colorado does fit the description I gave, please let me know)

Or, failing that, direct me to places where I could find the information. I'm a reletivly lousy researcher. Thanks for the help.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:04 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Maybe this helps?

You might want to consider coyotes. ^_^;;
Last edited by Snoink on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:05 am
Ares says...

Arizona might work. Not sure though...

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:16 am
Roaming Shadow says...

Hmm...I guess I could get away with New Mexico. It seems to fit (at least close) to Snoink's map and I'm sure there are places there that have forests and not much snow. Thanks for the help. I'm impatient, so I'll post what I have and if anybody sees a flaw in the setting, I'll let them point it out there.

Again, thanks for the map Snoink, and thanks MetalHead for the suggestion.

Oh, and Snoink, wolves are kinda pivitol to the storyline. If you read it, you'll understand. It'll be under Romantic Fiction, "The Hunt" (working title).
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato