z

Young Writers Society

The Curse of the Cross: A Heathen Fable

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:50 pm
Bjorn says...

All in good time my curious fellow! The backstory is needed! But yes, when I do get to it, it will be interesting.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

126 Reviews

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:48 am
Bjorn says...

The lord looked down at Thor, his hammer held high in the air ready to smite the enemies of the gods and humans. 'I've done them a service,' he thought. 'The gods will surely look down upon my actions in favour'.
"My lord?" one of the guards asked.
"Yes?" the jarl replied, being suddenly aware of a headless monk in his wooden hall.
"What shall we do with this one?"

Bands of burly, jovial men galloped across a rolling meadow, a mighty hall above and beyond the next hillock their destination. When they arrived their laughter, and talk of feasting and drinking, was replaced with a grave silence. There, just outside the walls of their lord's court, was a cross with a headless man's body tied to it; his attire was that of a monk from the South. Each man understood, silently. A Christian monk was brought to their lord's hall and his teachings were denied-none of the the lords faithful karls were to convert to the religion of the South, on pain of death.
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:22 am
View Likes
Torpid says...

cool , nice lil addition

126 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:39 am
Bjorn says...

Thanks. I'll add more as soon as I can.

126 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:23 pm
Bjorn says...

And for that act, that act which should have pleased the gods which we Men of the North so truthfully worship, I was exiled. Why? Why should have that monk lived? Lived to continue spreading his lies? As a guest, they say, he came to the North. A friend of a most esteemed trader of the South. Him, too, I disposed of. Yet some spineless fool- one of my own Karls! - betrayed my acts to the Thing. He was probably a convert. May Thor strike him down, and the wolves of Odin rip him apart for such a betrayal. Yet I went not alone, for the rest of my faithful warriors, 73 good, sturdy men, followed me, their jarl. Now we ride the North Sea to the Land of the Saxons and Angles to the West. There may we plunder and conquest,

"In the name of the Gods!"

126 Reviews

Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 pm
Bjorn says...

I've written a few pages for this story this past month which I shall type up and post here when I'm not lazy (after saying that I feel like doing it today...)

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket