z

Young Writers Society

Evanidus Puer (The Disappearing Boy)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri May 12, 2006 2:13 am
Sam says...

Old, icky, unedited post- begone!
Last edited by Sam on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri May 12, 2006 7:53 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

I did a read over, and this seems like just my type of thang. So I am adding it to my list, to indepth it later. :D I love the dialogue, made me laugh.

Ciao, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat May 13, 2006 12:41 am
Fishr says...

Like Cl, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The dialogue was neat and furthernore Father Thompson was entertaining. Would a Priest really behave like that? Just curious. ;) Besides, a tabacco-spitting Priest is loads of fun. I'm surprised he wasn't using snuff too, lol.

This was was my favorite part:
He reached into his mouth with his forefinger, pulled out a small wad of tobacco, and wiped it on his clerical robes. Oh, dear God. So that’s what that was, I thought.

Well, actually, I liked this too:
I descended the narrow staircase up to the women’s pews, and took a seat next to a window, feeling satisfied. I had just heard a grown man say the word ‘whore’. Twice.

When I'm not seeing stars, I'll try and come back to this, and critique it but for now, I hope you like the review. :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat May 13, 2006 2:21 am
Sam says...

Thank you guys for getting it so quickly!

By the way- if anyone can think up a good priest name, do tell me. I've just realized 'Father Thompson' is the name of my priest...:P

Fishr- I shall get to BFG immediately! And by immediately I mean now, since I've been putting it off for so long. :wink:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat May 13, 2006 3:01 am
Fishr says...

By the way- if anyone can think up a good priest name, do tell me. I've just realized 'Father Thompson' is the name of my priest...

Some names I thought of:
Father Canon
Father Dannon
Father Elliot
Father Godfrey
Father Jayden

Well, there's a few anyway. I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I like the unusual. Still, I do like the original name a lot. Besides, if it's your priest's name, then he should be prettyy happy. He's in your story! :D

Edit, and thank you! :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Sometimes poetry is inspired by the conversation entered into by reading other poems.
— John Barton