NaNo2021: Project Mutant Families

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:38 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Day 30

2735 words

Random character fact: Ren's favourite food is kaya on bread. Not that he's ever gotten to eat it so far in the draft xD

Snippet of the day:

Spoiler! :
Bishop groaned loudly in pain as he entered the forcefield. He grabbed the two tendrils that had wrapped themselves around his midsection, and pressed them to himself, before leaning back. The force of his weight eventually pulled Sockettrip down to the floor.
Bishop yanked the tendrils, gasping, until his opponent drew close enough for him to aim a kick at his chest. Sockettrip coughed, and the attendant by the stands shouted. “One point!”
Aruna found that she was gripping the railing tightly as well. She loosened her grip. Took a deep breath. Bishop would have to repeat the whole stunt before thirty seconds ran out.
If he didn’t, things could still be fine. It would be a draw, and old man Howler could still win the last round.
But if he did, what happened in the last round wouldn’t matter at all.

Woop woop! I finished at 50,079 words, and just a few minutes before midnight!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:02 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

I just realised I left in the same random character fact from the day before . . . So here's a random new character fact. Hai Gang's character design, and specifically his silhouette and vibes, are loosely based off of Baymax from the film Big Hero 6. I sometimes call Hai Gang 'vintage Baymax' in my head.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights