z

Young Writers Society

The Los Angeles Trials

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:32 am
TheRazzle says...

You wake up in a room, not terribly modern, not really old, just... a room. Perfectly normal, normal to the point where it's wierd. It has no furniture, no decoration, just a plain wooden door. Your memory is wierd. You remember you age, your name, your gender. You know the basics of life, your colors, your numbers. You recall something about weapons, but that's all foggy. You can't remember anything specific about your life other than your name.

You are wearing a conservative grey running suit, with a yellow armband tied around your upper right arm. Grey and yellow running shoes on your feet, a pair of thin but durable black gloves in your back pocket. Nothing else. You may fiddle with the armband, only to realize it isn't made of cloth, but metal.

You get bored, eventually, and decide to investigate the room. You quickly realize there is nothing to be found here, so you try the door. It opens easily, and leads to a short hallway. It's exactly like the room behind you, just a hall instead of a room. Another plain wooden door stands at the end of the hallway. You make your way over, and open it too.

Now, here is where things get interesting. This hall has ten other doors, five on the opposite side, and four on your side. You can try to open these doors, but it wont work. They seem to be locked from the other side. There is one other door at the end of the hallway, and you try this one too. It opens into a much, much different setting.

You walk into a large, open, arena-looking area. The terrain ranges from rocky hills, to smooth paved roads, to wild grassy areas. There are four huge screens set high in each wall, and one entire wall is dedicated to weapons. Another is covered with shelves of food and medical equiptment. There are hundreds of different kinds of backpacks in the center of the area. A yellow band runs around the room, about half-way up the wall. You have no idea whats going on, so you decide to wait.

Eventually, nine other people enter the room, five of the opposite gender, and four of your own. (Five girls total, five boys total.) Once the last person arrives, the large screens light up, and a female voice addresses you. "She", assuming she is actually human, says the following:

"Hello contestents. Welcome to Home. Here, you will be able to prepare for the formiddable journy ahead of you. Here, you will be able to pack your food, other supplies, and pick your weapons for the journey ahead. You may have noticed the colored armbands you all share. You will be team Yellow in this contest. You will be competing against teams Red, Blue, and Green. " As She says the colors of the teams, the symbols and colors of the other teams appear on the screen. The Yellow team symbol is a golden lilly, Red team is a rose, Blue is a violet, and Green is a mint leaf.

She continues. "Your goal: be the first team to reach the end of your journey. You must make it from here, to here." She shows you a map of Los Angeles, but warped, abandoned, and half in ruins. The land is burned and dead-looking. It is a depressing sight. You see that your team must travel from the northern side of th city, to the southern side.

"You should try to avoid the following enemies. Infected: Former humans who have now lost all signs of humanity. They feed on raw flesh, and seem to have a taste for their kin, including you. Also avoid Snappers, Reapers, Ripers...." The list of horrible creatures goes on and on, and a picture acompanies each one. She tells you that you may kill members of other teams, but they will not necessarily attack you. Finally She says, "If you are the last team to reach the end, you will be killed." And with that, the screens go blank. You look around, surrounded by the members of your new team.

What you need:

Name:

Gender (There will be five girls and five boys on the Yellow team) :

Appearance:

Personailty (Though they don't remeber who they are, everybody still has one) :

Weapon preferences, and fighting strengths (These are things your character will remember) :

Relationship? Y/N :

Please no:

God-modding
Cursing (If you must, you must, but try to keep it clean as possible! No major swears.)
Sexual scenes (Nobody wants to read that)
Homosexuality (That just isnt something I would want to worry about in a post apoclyptic, zombie infested world. You?)

If you have an idea, or are unsure about your character, feel free to PM me! If you have an idea about a character on another team, please PM me first. I thought it would be easier to all be on one team, so nobody has to loose. (Unless we want to. :) )

Yellow Team:
Girls:
-
-
-
-
-
Boys:
-
-
-
-
-
Cake and tea or death, cake or tea and death?! Little red cook book, little red cook book!
-Eddie Izzard

I am an evil herbivore. I will eat all the leaves on this tree. I will eat more leaves than I should... so that other giraffes may die!
-Also Eddie Izzard

"Death is cheap, and so is life, but a reputation is not easily recovered."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi