z

Young Writers Society

Neighbor

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:18 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

ONe time my neighbor (will) came over and we were well lets say "fixing" his bike and we were spraying it down with spray paint. He was spraying the handle bars when I wasnt looking and he sprayed his eye.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:08 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

I did that with perfume once. I was trying to spray my wrist, but the thing was turned around and I sprayed my eyes. :P

Poor Will.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:10 pm
Sponson Light says...

Oh god I hate it when that happens.

Must burn like hell.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:57 pm
Firestarter says...

we were well lets say "fixing" his bike

The vagueness of this makes it sound like a euphemism ...

*cough* Anyway. I sprayed my cat once, but it did knock all my just primed models off the dustbin ...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:26 am
Swires says...

Yes it does sound rather odd, but is that just our English humour?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:37 am
Elizabeth says...

This has to be one of the most exciting stories I've ever read in my life!
Let me fix the grammar however

One time my neighbor (Will) came over and we were, well lets say, "fixing" his bike and we were spraying it down with spray paint. He was spraying the handle bars when I wasnt looking and he sprayed his eye.

BRAVO!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:38 pm
Firestarter says...

You didn't really fix the grammar that well, considering there are actually two missed apostrophes (let's, wasn't), and the "well" in your correction could easily be taken out, and "Will" should not be in brackets and should be just placed with commas before and after. Also, he uses the verb spray wayyy too much. But hey, I thought that wasn't the point!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:26 am
Jiggity says...

Oh dear. I was riveted the whole way through this epic masterpiece. Truly visionary work. Bravo.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:45 am
Torpid says...

NICE

*Tears of joy stream down my face*

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:06 am
Meshugenah says...

I was a little confused by the word "bike". I found it a bit ambigious as there are bikes one can ride, and the company bike that makes jock straps. let me just say certian people *glares at brother and his friend* decided to have show and tell so I learned far more than I needed to. Also, "fixing one's bike" the euphanism, is a bit disturbing. Just double check the grammar, and work on that ambiguity a bit, and you're good to go!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:45 am
Areida says...

I too was confused at the use of the word "bike." The word "eye" also seemed somewhat ambiguous.

Other than those two minor errors, I found this to be an emotional and profound recording of an everyday occurance that now seems to be anything but ordinary. A beautifully, poetic, moving piece.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:30 pm
Firestarter says...

Personally I thought it was a bit rubbish. There's no character development: you've given us characters and expected us to understand them straight away. I'm also confused about the purpose of the piece? Is it comedy? Is it supposed to evoke sympathy? Maybe you should make it more clear.

I got bored of the sarcasm that people always use :wink:

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 pm
BigBadBear says...

How do you come up with these brilliant ideas? The actions, the verbs, magnificent!

You'll be the next J.K. Rolling!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:37 am
Tree says...

Wow tha must of hurt. I would run straight inside and into the washroom to wash it out as i am a=saying ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow Thw WHOLE time.

Whats with the you were "fixing" the bike???

anyways thatr all.

TREE

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47