z

Young Writers Society

true love

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 pm
greatman says...

in a bright sunny casual day there was Bob a tall popular likeable young man which realy had a knack with the ladies.
his charming appearance would leave them to think he realy had a thing for them. of course he didnt. he thought he didnt need a relationship. Some one to be with but suddenly just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship came this big large hidious woman with a Big long thick beard and hair all over her face and some one which not many people would tap. bob then knew he was beggining to fall in love. a feeling which he had never expierenced. after all those women. a big large beardy hidious woman would changed his feelings completely. a feeling thatll never feel again. his eyes were fixed on her the whole time. when he finnaly got the courage and said "Hey. but those words were very light and almost hard to hear. he looked past hear beard and her facial hair and he stared into those eyes and he walked up to her. she noticed this tall charming man approaching her and she suddenly felt the same. relieved that some one actually finds here attractive and has feelings for her. she starts to also fall in love with Bob but aware of his reputation of being this man who slept with any one. she tryed to look past it. while bob set his charm on her. she finnaly said " how do i know thats not something you say to any girl. and his response "you dont you just gotta trust me" . and suddenly they kissed and every one looked at them and frowned and disgusted at Bobs choice of that woman. he didnt care because he loved the big large hidious beardy woman.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 pm
thegilliangill says...

Howdy there!

What you have written is okay. It's not to a quality standard though. The moral/idea is good you need to develop. Give descriptions, lengthen this piece. Change your wording, it needs strengthening out a little.

Firstly where is your structure? This is a key element to writing. I see that you have written in a block paragraph, when a reader takes a look at it, it's going to firstly put them off reading it and secondly make it harder to follow. Split it up into sections to make it easier.

In addition to this your grammar and punctuation is poor. Capital letters are rarely used at the start of a new sentence and speech marks have been used incorrectly.

To be honest the key is to not be sloppy, check what you have written, quality of writing is as important as layout and the idea. If one is lacking in depth then it's highly noticeable.

I hope I helped :)
~TheGillianGill~

There's a bright light, see it in the distance? It's called your future.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 pm
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

Hi there, Flowerboy! I'm here to review. Okay, so first off I hate the fact that you use no uppercases, I think I'll get use to it or a better idea would be to use them, 'til then I hate it. =.= Another thing is... how did they fall in love if they barely knew each other? It seems like he's gonna use her. It was kind of awkward. And I gotta say I agree with the user above. But anyways, it's good to see you writing again. ^_^

greatman wrote:in a bright sunny casual day there was Bob a tall popular likeable young man which realy had a knack with the ladies.

In a bright sunny causual day, there was Bob, a tall popular likeable young man which really had a knack with the ladies.

greatman wrote:his charming appearance would leave them to think he realy had a thing for them.

'Really' is with two l's. ^_^

greatman wrote:Some one to be with but suddenly just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship came this big large hidious woman with a Big long thick beard and hair all over her face and some one which not many people would tap.

Someone to be with, but suddenly, just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship, came this big large hidious woman with a big long thick beard and hair all over her face, and someone which not many people would tap.

greatman wrote:bob then knew he was beggining to fall in love.

Bob is a name Jorge, could you just press 'shift' once in a while?? >;[ LOL :lol:

greatman wrote:a feeling thatll never feel again.

You forgot the apostrophe in "that'll". :)

greatman wrote:when he finnaly got the courage and said "Hey. but those words were very light and almost hard to hear.

When he finally got the courage to say "Hey.", but those words were very light, and almost hard to hear.

greatman wrote:he looked past hear beard and her facial hair and he stared into those eyes and he walked up to her.
You wrote 'hear' instead of 'her'. And notice all the 'and's' you repeated it too much. I think you should rewrite this sentence. ^_^

greatman wrote:she starts to also fall in love with Bob but aware of his reputation of being this man who slept with any one.
'Anyone' should be written together.

greatman wrote:she tryed to look past it.

It's 'tried'.

greatman wrote:she finnaly said " how do i know thats not something you say to any girl. and his response "you dont you just gotta trust me" .

She finally said, "How do I know that's not something you say to any girl?" And his responce was, "You don't, you just gotta trust me. "

greatman wrote:and suddenly they kissed and every one looked at them and frowned and disgusted at Bobs choice of that woman.
Bob's. ^_^

~Solvy
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:58 pm
HollowPointSmile says...

in a bright sunny casual day there was Bob a tall popular likeable young man which realy had a knack with the ladies.

his charming appearance would leave them to think he realy had a thing for them. of course he didnt. he thought he didnt need a relationship. Some one to be with but suddenly just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship came this big large hidious woman with a Big long thick beard and hair all over her face and some one which not many people would tap. bob then knew he was beggining to fall in love. a feeling which he had never expierenced. after all those women. a big large beardy hidious woman would changed his feelings completely. a feeling thatll never feel again. his eyes were fixed on her the whole time. when he finnaly got the courage and said "Hey. but those words were very light and almost hard to hear. he looked past hear beard and her facial hair and he stared into those eyes and he walked up to her. she noticed this tall charming man approaching her and she suddenly felt the same. relieved that some one actually finds here attractive and has feelings for her. she starts to also fall in love with Bob but aware of his reputation of being this man who slept with any one. she tryed to look past it. while bob set his charm on her. she finnaly said " how do i know thats not something you say to any girl. and his response "you dont you just gotta trust me" . and suddenly they kissed and every one looked at them and frowned and disgusted at Bobs choice of that woman. he didnt care because he loved the big large hidious beardy woman.

Grammar and spelling is so important! Capital letters! Punctuation! Spelling, spelling, spelling! Oh, my gosh! Grr! Bad grammar and misspellings can actually deter a reader. It was hard to want to read due to this. Even if you're not going to continue this story, things need to be fixed.

On a bright, sunny, casual day, there was Bob, a tall, popular, likable young man who really had a knack with the ladies.
This is a really long sentence- try splitting it up, like
On a bright, sunny, casual day, there was Bob. Bob was a tall, popular, likable young man who really had a knack with the ladies.

His charming appearance would leave them to think he really had a thing for them. Of course he didn't. He thought he didn't need a relationship. Someone to be with- but suddenly just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship came this big You should use big or large, but not both. It's redundant.largehideous woman with a big long, thick beard and hair all over her face and someone which not many people would tap.
This is a really confusing run-on sentence. You need to add in a comma or a dash or something and a conjunction to make it better. I don't even know what you meant by starting with "Someone to be with" and then just skipped on to a different thought
Bob then knew he was beggining to fall in love. A feeling which he had never experienced. After all those women, a big largeAgain, get rid of either "big" or "large"- don't keep both. bearded hideous woman would changed his feelings completely. A feeling that he will never feel again. His eyes were fixed on her the whole time. When he finally got the courage and said, "Hey."

But those words were very light and almost hard to hear. He looked past her beard and her facial hair and he stared into those eyes, and he walked up to her. She noticed this tall, charming man approaching her and she suddenly felt the same. Relieved that some one actually finds her attractive and has feelings for her. She started to also fall in love with Bob, but was aware of his reputation of being this man who slept with anyone. She tried to look past it while bob set his charm on her. She finally said, "How do I know that's not something you say to any girl?"
And his response was, "You don't. You just gotta trust me."
And suddenly, they kissed and everyone looked at them and frowned and was disgusted at Bob's choice of that woman. He didn't care because he loved the big, large
Yet again, either big or large!
hideous, bearded woman.

So, basically, grammar, spelling, and redundancy.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or discourage you or anything. That was totally not my intention. I just feel really strongly about this stuff. Grammar and spelling make up the backbone of writing, if you ask me. I know how boring it is to learn it, but it's so important! I am just trying to help, not hurt you.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 pm
vampireacademyfreak3 says...

So I laughed when I read your piece. It's nice to know that there's a guy out there who will like a girl even if she has facial hair. :)
Now down to the nitty gritty. :D You need to capitalize your I's and at the beginning of a new sentence. Another thing is you spelled a lot of words wrong and if your going to tell me you did it on purpose....oh well.
Overall it was an enjoyable read. With a few grammer corrections it would be perfect. tote. :D
"peace and guns"

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 am
Alliaaryn5665 says...

Hi,

While I see where you were going with this, I can't help but to say damn. There are so many errors, it is hard to follow, there is hardly any detail nor information, spelling errors, grammar errors, no structure what-so-ever, and more. If you wish to write, that's fine, but please do it right. If it weren't for the plentiful mistakes, it'd be wonderful. You must work on this. Did you even preview it before submitting it? Don't get me wrong, it's sweet and all, but don't you think it all moved a little too fast? Us readers don't even know the girl's name! We know next to nothing about "Bob", and even less about the woman. Please keep trying! I apologize if this sounds rude, but I think people should seriously realize their mistakes and not have people realize them for them. Especially the simple ones. If they are complicated, then i guess it's fine if you don't notice it. Just always remember the foundation of writing: Structure. Next is grammar. Then build off of that. Well, this is getting rather long so I guess I'll leave you with this. Please, try again.

Farewell,
A.
You think you are any different from me,or yourfriends?Or this tree?If you listenhard enough,you canhear every living thingbreathing together.You canfeel everything growing.We are all living togethereven if most folksdon't act like it.We all havethe same roots,and we are allbranches of the sametree.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm
abhi92misra says...

Hi there, Greatman. Listen what you wrote was okay - the idea you wanted to convey was good, but the entire piece was not well structured. You need to be a bit more descriptive and also improve your spellings. All in all it was a good work and with practice you can do quite well.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:21 am
View Likes
Razcoon says...

Okay, I'm going to start my review off by making this easier on the eyes. ^^ I'm sorry, but your grammar and spelling is atrocious.
greatman wrote:in On a bright, sunny, casual day, there was Bob. Bob was a tall, popular, likeable likable young man which who realy really had a knack with the ladies.

his His charming appearance would leave them to think he realy really had a thing for them. of Of course he didnt didn't. he He thought he didnt didn't need a relationship. , Some one someone to be with. but suddenly Suddenly, just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship, there came this big large hidious hideous woman with a Big long thick beard and hair all over her faceand ; some one someone which that not many people would tap.

bob Bob then knew he was beggining beginning to fall in love. a A feeling which he had never expierenced experienced. after all those women. a big A large, beardy hidious bearded, hideous woman would had changed his feelings completely.a feeling thatll never feel again. his His eyes were fixed on her the whole time. when When he finnaly finally got the courage, and he said, "Hey. , but those words were that word was very light and almost hard to hear. he He looked past hear beard and her facial hair and he stared into those eyes and as he walked up to her. she She noticed this tall charming man approaching her and she suddenly felt the same. , relieved that some one someone actually finds here found her attractive and has had feelings for her.

she starts She started to also fall in love with Bob but was aware of his reputation of being this man who slept who'd sleep with any one anyone. she tryed She tried to look past it. while bob Bob set his charm on her. she finnaly said " howShe finally said, "How do i I know thats that's not something you say to any every girl. ?"

and his response "you dont you just gotta trust me"
He replied, "You don't, you just gotta trust me." and suddenly Suddenly they kissed, and every one looked at them and frowned and disgusted everyone stared, frowning in disgust at Bobs choice of that woman. he didnt He didn't care because he loved the big large, hidious beardy hideous, bearded woman.

Spoiler! :
On a bright, sunny, casual day, there was Bob. Bob was a tall, popular, likable young man who really had a knack with the ladies.

His charming appearance would leave them to think he really had a thing for them. Of course he didn't. He thought he didn't need a relationship, someone to be with. Suddenly, just as he was laughing at the thought of a relationship, there came this large hideous woman with a long thick beard and hair all over her face; someone that not many people would tap.

Bob then knew he was beginning to fall in love. A feeling which he had never experienced after all those women. A large, bearded, hideous woman had changed his feelings completely. His eyes were fixed on her the whole time. When he finally got the courage, he said, "Hey." But that word was very light and almost hard to hear. He looked past her facial hair and he stared into those eyes as he walked up to her. She noticed this tall charming man approaching her and she suddenly felt the same, relieved that some one someone actually found her attractive and had feelings for her.

She started to also fall in love with Bob, but was aware of his reputation of being this man who'd sleep with anyone. She tried to look past it while Bob set his charm on her. She finally said, "How do I know that's not something you say to every girl?"

He replied, "You don't, you just gotta trust me." Suddenly they kissed, and everyone stared, frowning in disgust at Bobs choice of woman. He didn't care because he loved the large, hideous, bearded woman.

It's a nice idea to convey, but it's highly unlikely that something like this would happen. Perhaps at first he'd be revolted, but then come to realize she was a lovely woman after he got to know her, and then fall in love. The story was incredibly short, and difficult to read. I suggest that before you post next time, write the story in a new Microsoft Word document and spellcheck it. I also suggest you add more of a plot to your stories. It will help you improve to get more creative, and also, more people will like it.

Hope I helped!

>>Annie<<
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm
Yuriiko says...

Hello!

This is a very rough draft. I don't think I still need to clarify about your grammars, spellings, letter cases and punctuation. The reviewers above me has beat me to it, and you do really need to listen to them. I know you have this quick writing here, maybe because you just want to let the readers get the direct point of the story. However, that's just not enough. You don't really have attracted the readers to read everything, even though for the fact that it is really short. Quality wise, this didn't even get a passing mark because I know you can do so much better than this. Don't be in a hurry, have a good pace and always be wary of knowing a good short story. Although I have to say that the message you're trying to convey to us is pretty clear, but just as I've said before, this can still be varnished and fixed.

~Yuri

P.S Why is this even in Action/Adventure Forum?
Last edited by Yuriiko on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:33 pm
FloralTiara says...

Hello there! Like the others, I am here to review!

Okay, let's start with the first thing I noticed. You don't start each sentence with a capital letter. Even just seeing that you use only lower case letters will turn readers away before they even actually read the story, and you don't want that, do you?

Another thing I recommend is starting a new paragraph each and every time a new character starts speaking, as well as every time you change the subject. That way, your readers won't be so confused as to what's going on.

It'd probably be best to run this piece through spell check, and then double check with a dictionary, because there are probably about 10 spelling mistakes within this paragraph that are very easy to fix.

Below I just put a few suggestions, but it's up to you what you do with them.

greatman wrote:In a bright sunny casual day, there was Bob. Bob was a tall popular likeable young man which really had a knack with the ladies.
His charming appearance would leave them to think he really had a thing for them. Of course he didn't. He thought he didn't need a relationship.

Just a suggestion. I hope you didn't find this harsh, I was really only trying to help, I'm sure it'll be great once it's fixed up and proofread! The concept is quirky and would be very entertaining. Best of luck!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 pm
View Likes
June3 says...

Oh my gosh! I loved it! There were a couple of typos in there that you might need to look over. But, good diction, strong voice throughout the piece. Overall it was an awesome story. Keep on writing!
There once was a women named Kent,
Whose nose was rather quite bent.
One day I suppose,
She followed her nose,
And nobody knows where she went.
-Unknown

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:01 pm
youngwolf1105 says...

I realy liked it, it was awsome. And I'm sure you already know about all the grammer mistakes. So I won't embarrass you anymore.
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:07 pm
youngwolf1105 says...

Hey, it might even help if you type it out in Microsoft Word 2007. That would solve a lot of probs. for you!
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper