z

Young Writers Society

Bunnies Are Evil

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:47 pm
Jalmoc says...

Just an idea I had in class. Lol. Enjoy!

Bunnies are evil

Screams surrounded me as the army of bunnies charged toward us. Their razor sharp teeth flashed as they opened their mouths to bite chunks out of us. They're fluffy cotton ball tails turned into spikes that they used to impale us.
 They just kept coming, brown and white and gray. Soon they all became blood red. These were called the Ravaged Bunnies. We saw thousands of them kill our comrades, so I swore that I would slaughter every last demon bunny. So,  I tried to uphold my sworn duty.
 I cut down bunny after bunny until there was enough blood to drown new York city. But they just kept coming, thousands after thousands of blood red bunnies.
I fought my hardest, but it was no use. Bullets bounced harmlessly off of they're fur, and only swords could kill them. The only problem with that was that you had to get close to them, and they usually stayed in groups of seven or eight. So basically, close range was suicidal, but there was no other option.

This was how the Rabbit Wars began...
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:00 pm
matthewmazer says...

that's pretty funny. Whered you get the idea for it from?
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

67 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:04 pm
Jalmoc says...

Well, I was talking with my girlfriend, and she saw a bunny out the window and said how adorable they are, and I said they're evil because they help crazy people with mustaches. Lol
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

67 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:05 pm
Jalmoc says...

Well, I was talking with my girlfriend, and she saw a bunny out the window and said how adorable they are, and I said they're evil because they help crazy people with mustaches. Lol

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 pm
View Likes
MOIMOW says...

No wonder my dog barks at them...
Neat-o little story. (No one says neat-o anymore, do they?) I liked it. I just saw a few grammatical errors I thought I'd correct.
so I swore that I would slaughter every last demon bunny. So, I tried to uphold my sworn duty.

This was a smigen repetitive. (No one says smigen either, right? Sigh.) I swore to uphold my sworn duty. I get why you used it, but it was just that smigenness (Okay, now that's not even a word.:)) of repetitivity (Nor is that.) that bugged me.
drown new York city

New is part of York's title, so it should be capitilized. So should City.
bounced harmlessly off of they're fur

Bullets bounced harmlessly off of they are fur? Common mistake, just change it to their and I'll be satisfied.
This was how the Rabbit Wars began

Ohh, scary music!
Like I said, I liked this, and I'm sorry if I seemed nit-picky on a story that's a lot of fun. My mom's an English teacher. Blame her.
Keep writing!
"Forget love. I'd rather fall in chocolate."

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 pm
MOIMOW says...

No wonder my dog barks at them...
Neat-o little story. (No one says neat-o anymore, do they?) I liked it. I just saw a few grammatical errors I thought I'd correct.
so I swore that I would slaughter every last demon bunny. So, I tried to uphold my sworn duty.

This was a smigen repetitive. (No one says smigen either, right? Sigh.) I swore to uphold my sworn duty. I get why you used it, but it was just that smigenness (Okay, now that's not even a word.:)) of repetitivity (Nor is that.) that bugged me.
drown new York city

New is part of York's title, so it should be capitilized. So should City.
bounced harmlessly off of they're fur

Bullets bounced harmlessly off of they are fur? Common mistake, just change it to their and I'll be satisfied.
This was how the Rabbit Wars began

Ohh, scary music!
Like I said, I liked this, and I'm sorry if I seemed nit-picky on a story that's a lot of fun. My mom's an English teacher. Blame her.
Keep writing!
"Forget love. I'd rather fall in chocolate."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:56 am
Vettan says...

Pretty funny. I had a thing against squirrels back in high school. Overall, short and interesting. I understand that this piece was just for fun so I will just point out one thing. In two places where you wanted to write "their" you wrote "they're" also there is no need to write "off of" just "off" is sufficient. These two sentences, "The only problem with that was that you had to get close to them, and they usually stayed in groups of seven or eight. So basically, close range was suicidal, but there was no other option." felt out of style with the rest of the story. Other than that it was definitely fun. Would be interesting to read a continuation if you ever decide on it.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 am
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Haha! Yeah, I think rabbits are evil, too, they just seem like serial killers, don't they? They're the last things you'd expect in a murder.
I find the logistics a bit off, though. Something that is small and traveling at high velocity will not penetrate the bunny fur, but a slow-moving long knife will? Explain. The swords would have to be extremely sharp, and stay that way the entire time. I think maybe a hammer would be better, if that would work.
So you have some grammatical mistakes and stuff, but I think the real issue you've got is this has no plot yet, which I think would be good, since bunnies really are evil. The word must be spread.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!
This was the first thing I thought of. (And if you haven't seen the movie, see it. You'll understand.)
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 pm
View Likes
j97lido says...

DEATH TO ALL BUNNNIES!!!!!!!!!! I loved it it was really creative and funny!

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:00 pm
View Likes
Name2533 says...

I love it!!! It is so creative. There werr a few grammar mistakes as the people above me pointed out, but I enjoyed it! Bunnies turn EVIL! I hope to see more random stories from you!
Your new friend/follower,
Name

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 pm
View Likes
Rabbit says...

(I'm new, so this is my first review. Bare with me!)

I saw the title, and immediately had to read. First of all, I lead the assault...

Just kidding, I was part of the organization that was against this war.

Anyway c:

I really loved this, and it has very few flaws. The repetition is good in some ways, by showing how many rabbits there are and how they just keep coming, but you may have overused it just a little.

I loved your vocabulary, you could have just said
They're fluffy cotton ball tails turned into spikes that they used to stab us.
but instead you put impale, which made me smile. I would have had to read my story ten times over before adding that word in.

Soon they all became blood red. These were called the Ravaged Bunnies.
You lost me for a split second, why did they randomly turn red and what did Ravaged Bunnies do? How did they differ? I guess I could infer what it meant, but you should describe that a little more.

Finally,
Bullets bounced harmlessly off of they're fur, and only swords could kill them.
really told me a lot about the rabbits! I thought they were just fluffy bunnies, like myself, and I was wondering 'why doesn't somebody pull out a gun?' But now I see why!

If you were aiming to make people chuckle, you succeeded with me. Even if I am a bunny myself, I found this highly amusing and completely random. :D
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."
--Brian Littrell.

67 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 pm
View Likes
Alliaaryn5665 says...

Hi,

Oh my. So, my war got to you? Mission successful. You are welcome. :]

Farewell,
A.
You think you are any different from me,or yourfriends?Or this tree?If you listenhard enough,you canhear every living thingbreathing together.You canfeel everything growing.We are all living togethereven if most folksdon't act like it.We all havethe same roots,and we are allbranches of the sametree.

67 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:59 pm
Alliaaryn5665 says...

Hi,

Oh, by the way, my previous review was my way of saying you did a fantastic job! :] Few mistakes, but that's okay! Good job!

Farewell,
A.
You think you are any different from me,or yourfriends?Or this tree?If you listenhard enough,you canhear every living thingbreathing together.You canfeel everything growing.We are all living togethereven if most folksdon't act like it.We all havethe same roots,and we are allbranches of the sametree.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 am
jedigeek says...

Oh lord! this has permenently changed my views on bunnies. Haahaa dont know how I am gonna sleep at my cousins house when I know that those bunnies outside verywell might want to kill me haha.
Very... entertaining! :P

-jedi
Having friend is like peeing your pants, every one can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones