z

Young Writers Society

Spy Escape

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 am
Jalmoc says...

Hello YWS, here's another story. I wrote this in sixth grade and never edited it, so this is how i wrote when i was younger. Lol. Please Enjoy.

“Hello, hello. I’m sending this distress call out to anybody who can hear me. The harvester I’m on has been overrun. I’m in the middle of the Arctic Ocean, about forty-five clicks north of Alaska. This all happened about two days ago. I’m trapped in a laser cage, I can’t move without alerting a guard, please help!”
“Yeah, like that’s going to work,” I thought. “Why I’m at it why don’t I just broadcast the world’s destruction codes that these assassins want. Man, how stupid can you get.”
As I looked around at my surroundings, I noticed that the guard fell asleep, but I can’t move without waking him up. I looked around my high tech security chamber and noticed that there was a mirror on my wall. As I thought about breaking the mirror in my frustration, I didn’t realize that the guard had woke up and had unlocked my cage without a sound and was approaching me with a stun blazer. He made one mistake; he didn’t lock the security chamber door. As I was looking in the mirror I saw him shove the blazer forward, but a hair too slow. Before the guard even realized that I had knocked the gun aside with my foot and cracked him on the head with the handle of the blazer. As the gun hit the guard in the head I brought my foot up above his head and then brought it down with such force I thought that my foot would break. “Well, so much for that nice and quiet escape.
As soon as I stepped outside of my security chamber, alarms shouted out like dying wolves of the Arctic. As I ran down the narrow hallway with multiple doors on each side, I ran into another guard. But this guard had an energy spear. As I approached him, he turned around and wacked me with the tip of the spear, cutting me across my cheek. Now I was mad. He brought the spear up, and that’s when I saw my opening. As he was getting ready to bring the spear down, I brought my foot up to meet contact with his chin. CRACK! I heard his jaw snap and him screaming in pain. “Well, that’s one way to take care of that.” As I rounded the corner, I saw my way out; an international shuttle. “This is going to be so easy.” But as usual, it can’t be simple for once in my miserable life. I sprinted for the hanger bay doors at full blast, but as soon as I was about three feet from the doors they slammed shut. “Well isn’t that just great?” I thought to myself. I tried accessing the control panel next to the hanger bay doors. As I accessed it, the terminal suddenly said, “ACCESS TERMINATED FROM MAIN HUB.” “Great,” I thought to myself, “I’m going to have to go all the way to the main computer to get access to the hanger bay. Can my day get any worse?” But wouldn’t you know it, it can. As I turned around to sprint to the main computer all the way in the middle of the harvester, I was hit with twenty-thousand bolts of electricity, and then everything went black.
I woke up to a very freakishly large man standing over me with a very mean looking scowl.
“Well, finally awake are we?” As the man spoke, I could see the saliva fly out of his mouth.
“Yeah,” I said, “but I’m going to end up fainting again because of your breath. You stupid over grown ape,” As I said this, the scowl on his face turned into an expression of pure hatred towards me.
“You are going to regret those words.” He said, as he brought his unearthly fist back, getting ready to strike.
“Stop!!” The man looked around the room and froze in his tracks, as if he were being looked down at from Death himself.
“I’m, I’m sorry Dr. Erickson,” said the freakishly large man.
“You know better than to try to kill my prisoners.”
“Sorry ma’am”
“You better be.” The freakishly large man moved aside and I got a good look at the doctor, she was not as you would think all evil and everything. She was about average height, blonde hair back into a pony tail and piercing blue eyes.
“You are a tricky one aren’t you?”
“Only on special occasions.” As I said this I swore that I saw a gleam in her eye as she looked at me.
“Now, where are the codes that we want?” she said.
“Like I’m going to tell the likes of you cowards.” I said. Dr. Erickson just looked me as if she were a hurt animal.
“Well, since you’re not willing to cooperate we’re going to have to get that information out of you one way or another.” The freakishly large man got up and pulled out a stun blazer, but he setting of the blazer wasn’t normal. The setting on the gun was glowing yellow to blue to red.
“Like the new design?” said Dr. Erickson.
“Well it’s definitely different.” Just as I finished my sentence, the freakishly huge man lunged forward with the stun blazer. I brought my foot up and knocked the blazer to the side, sending it into some type of torture device, sending a very loud “BANG!!!” across the room. “Ha, you forgot to tie me up you dead brain,” I thought to myself. A look of pure anger on the abnormal man’s face told me that I had two options; one: get Dr. Erickson and hold her hostage: and two: run for my life like a wild animal who can’t get some common sense. I chose option one. I sprinted towards Dr. Erickson at full speed, knocking her to the ground with me.
“What do you think you’re doing!?” Dr. Erickson screamed.
“Getting out of here,” I replied. As the freakishly large man recovered from his state of shock, he charged at the both of us.
“Jamul stop!!” shouted Dr. Erickson. Jamul stopped dead in his tracks.
“If you keep charging you’ll kill us both!” screamed Dr. Erickson.
“Sorry ma’am.” said a very angry, psycho, chaotic Jamul.
“What are you going to do with me?” cried out Dr. Erickson
My simple reply was, “I’m going to take you with me, so I can get out of here.”
As I walked backwards with Dr. Erickson, she tried to fight me.
“Stop!! You’re just going to hurt yourself and nobody else.”
I opened the door with Dr. Erickson’s hand print, and then walked slowly backwards as Jamul followed with a face of pure disgust. Then all of the sudden, he started charging towards us again.
“What are you doing?!” said Dr. Erickson.
I pushed Dr. Erickson to one side and I jumped to the other. As I was in mid air, Jamul slashed out with his arm hitting my leg and sending me spinning. As the world spun around me, I noticed something shiny and grabbed for it. I hit the ground with a “crack!” When I recovered from my fall, I looked at what I had grabbed and it turned out to be Dr. Erickson’s blazer. “Perfect,” I thought to myself, as Jamul came back for an encore. I aimed the blazer perfectly at his chest and then Jamul stopped dead in his tracks.
“Why did you charge at us you imbecile?!” shouted Dr. Erickson.
Jamul just made a snarl and said, “I had orders to get rid of you anyway “ma’am.”
As I looked back from Dr. Erickson to Jamul, I noticed that Jamul had pulled out a weird contraption of some sort.
“But why didn’t you do it earlier?” asked Dr. Erickson.
“Because, I wanted to kill this little spy, which has already caused us so much trouble. Then I was going to kill you.”
Jamul crouched down on his legs hit a switch on the contraption and electricity went all around him. I hesitated for only a second, and then took aim. Jamul leaped towards Dr. Erickson. I saw that he was going to kill Dr. Erickson, and I didn’t want anybody who could help me out of here to die, so I jumped up and kicked Jamul in the stomach. Electricity jolted through my entire body and sent me and Jamul flying across the hallway. As I slowly got up I noticed that I didn’t have the stun blazer any more, Dr. Erickson did.
She stood up, with the gun pointed at Jamul and said, “Well, I was going to betray the organization anyway.” I turned my head as I heard the blazer fire and Jamul’s body hit the floor.
“Well, I guess that makes us a team, doesn’t it?” said Dr. Erickson.
“I guess it does.” I said.
“Now let’s go find that main computer you were looking for.”
“That’s fine by me.” I said. As we made our way to the command center of the harvester, we ran into some trouble, lots of trouble.
“I think the command center is this way.” Said Dr. Erickson.
“Let’s hope you’re right.” I said. As I followed Dr. Erickson I noticed that she had an odd necklace on. I didn’t say anything though. As we entered another hallway we ran into three guards, all armed.
“Where do you think you’re going?” said one of the guards.
“Past you.” said Dr. Erickson and I at the same time.
“I don’t think so you punks.” Said another guard.
“Oh, you want to bet?”
The first guard enraged charged forward with his vibroblade (sword) held high. I ran towards him, dropped and slid towards him. Shocked by what I did, the guard didn’t react fast enough to block my attack. I brought my foot up hitting him directly in the chest, sending him into another guard. While I was fighting these goons Dr. Erickson shot one of the guards with the stun blazer. “One down one to go.” I thought. As the other two got up I grabbed one of the guards and pushed him towards Dr. Erickson, and she hit him with the handle of the blazer. The last guy came at me running full blast. I just dropped down and swept him out from under his feet. The guard slid across the room and down the stairs. “Three down, one computer to go.” As Dr. Erickson and I went through the doorway, I spotted the main computer and ran over to it. I sliced into it and opened the hanger bay doors.
“Well, that was easier than I thought it would be.” I said. Dr. Erickson just burst out laughing.
“You better get out of here.” She said, back to her normal self.
“Aren’t you coming with me?” I asked her.
“I have some business to take care of; maybe someday we’ll run into each other again.”
“That would be good.”
As I turned around I heard her whisper to herself, “He’s the one.”
As I was walking back to the hanger, I ran into some more goons. “They aren’t very smart, so this should be easy.” As I approached them, they pulled out stun blazers. I ran at them, then curved at they wall. One of them fired as I jumped on the wall then off and knocked the blazer out of his hands. The other two just stood there, and then I walked up to them and blasted them with the guard’s blazer. Then I saw the hanger bay. As I made my way I noticed that all the cameras were off. “Nice job Dr. Erickson,” I thought to myself. But as I boarded the international shuttle, I heard a BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, and then BOOM!! The shuttle exploded into thousands and thousands of pieces. “Well there goes my escape.” Then I noticed that there was scuba gear. “Thank you god.” I thought to myself. As I glided along the water, I realized that I really did want to see Dr. Erickson again. As I looked back towards the harvester that those evil people overran, I seen a flash as the harvester blew up. My heart sank, Dr. Erickson was on there. There will be time for sorrow later. I thought to myself, as I rode away in the distance.
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 am
tommyknocker says...

Hi.

I just liked to say this is a interesting story. I liked the opening paragraph. Really grabbed my attention.

Ahh...Whats a "Harvester." I'm guessing it's not a spud harvester in the arctic. Haha.

Also, i noticed that you used speaking marks (" ") when your character is thinking.

I suggest using italics. But i do understand that this was written when you were younger. I did similar mistakes.

Vibroblade, ain't that out of KOTOR? Or is it an actual weapon?

Keep up the good work!

~ Tomm
"There is no comfort without pain; thus we define salvation through suffering." Cato

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:25 pm
mellophone7 says...

Is there more to this? This would make a very, very good longer story, one that I would most definitely read! :)
A few things:
Try using italics when your characters thinks and when using onomatopoeia, like crack!
As the gun hit the guard in the head I

When you have lines such as this, it might be more beneficial for you to add a comma, like after head, so....
hit the guard in the head, I...
like that.
Otherwise, I really loved this! :)
"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean." -Robert Louis Stevenson
"Write or die trying."
JA hatar pisanje.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 am
captain.classy says...

Hi there!

This was interesting, and you're really good at writing action scenes; making them seem real, like a movie, not like you're taking forever to read it. I read it quickly and smoothly, a way an action scene should happen.

However there were some things that are a bit off about this. The main point I'm going to make is that this is just like any other sci-fi action scene. It uses cliche catch phrases, and I'm alright with cliche's, but the ones you are using are just too, I don't want so say it, but lame. Just a few sentences though, not the hole thing.

The part about how he wanted to not let her die because he doesn't want anyone to die that was going to help him escape? That's a little... out there for me. I don't really think that makes much sense in context, since the character doesn't seem to care about anything but escaping.

The only other really bad part is when the guards don't step aside for the lady. I know that she's sentenced to death and all, but I don't think a couple of guards would know that, and even then they would probably act like nothing's wrong so that she doesn't suspect that she's going to get killed. Therefore, since she seems pretty high up on the food chain, they should just step aside when she tells them to.

Lastly, the context you set this story in isn't very clear. You need more of a background. I know you explain a little in the beginning, but it's not very clear and it's boring. Say it in an interesting way. What do they want him for? What codes does he have? What is he 'the one' for? Is he going to save the planet? What's wrong with it, if that's the case. I like this, but the hardest thing I have is finding out why any of this is happening.

Keep writing!

Classy

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun