z

Young Writers Society

Bullets

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 pm
Winchester says...

It's really short the comp I entered it in was for 50 words max and I won and got it published in a book :) so I just decided to put it on here out of boardem thankyou!

They shot at her, bang, bang, bang missing her by inches. She ran at the speed of light, jumping behind cars and buildings; broken glass raining over her, cutting her face. She ran up the stairs of a deserted building but came to a dead end. Her life was over.

And that's it!!
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:34 pm
jDawn says...

hehe, and that's why they call it a short story! Cool! What book did you get it published in? It's great!

- Jessie
"They can put me in prison but they can't stop my face from breakin' out."

" A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."

-Adam Young, My Hero <3

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Heya Rebel!
This competition, is it from the Young Writers website? I was wondering, because I entered a few comps there which had the same sort of process. Anyway, moving onto the review.
rebelinsilence wrote:
They shot at her, bang, bang, bang I love the opening, but you missed a comma missing her by inches. She ran at the speed of light, jumping behind cars and buildings; broken glass raining over her, cutting her face. She ran up the stairs of a deserted building but came to a dead end. Her life was over. I was thinking more of a :Could she escape? But don't change it if you don't want to

I think for a teeny, tiny story this is great. Its a little hard to suggest improvements, because that would mean adding stuff on, and you can't do that.

Congrats on getting published, keep writing!

~Tamara
:) xx
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:27 am
Nai-Xi says...

This was more of a abstract story to me. Very generalized and allows the to draw his or her own story. Although it did not flow in the way of events but glass shattering guns shooting and then a dead end. I liked it don't get me wrong. But it is a completed work no need to edit.
"Speak every time you stand so you do not forget yourself." Anis Mojgani

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:38 am
wiggy1 says...

Hi firstly that was good because you knew you couldn't go into huge amounts of detail, and you got it spot on you didn't rush through it saying " she ran behind cars and hit a dead end" you actually put an image into my head.

Well done
life is what you make of it.
never forget your routes

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 am
Adeera says...

that was good!!! nicely done!! it's just makes me sad though that she couldn't just whip out a claymore and blast them all *BOOM!!!*
The talent of an amazing writer, they can convey any emotion, make you feel thing's you've never felt, and help you understand that which you thought you never would.

"Not all who wander are lost."
Tolkien

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 pm
Sierra says...

AWESOME!!! I actually felt sad when i read the last sentence. I knew nothing about the MC, but her death makes me sad. i like that. I really like that. This is the definition of short story.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:50 pm
lele253isme says...

short but sure. I like it you deserve applause for how much feeling you can put into your work with a few sentences. A part of being a writer that we have yet to master. But you did.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm
pterascreams says...

I like it. As short as it is, I find it interesting. It sounds like an interesting contest. Congratulations on being published!

-Liz
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson