z

Young Writers Society

The Suicide

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:36 am
View Likes
confetti says...

I only wish I could click love instead of like.
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:28 am
Tictac268 says...

This is incredibly moving! Its so frikin' amazing!
Impossible is just an opinion.

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
shikha1 says...

Hey! This is an amazing story. You got me hooked up to the story right from the beginning. The way you have described the scenes is good too. Though, you could have added a bit more details in areas like why wanted to commit suicide, what led him to take that drastic decision even though he had a very healthy relationship with his mother. A few grammatical mistakes, but the other reviewers have already pointed that out. So, good work!

170 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 170
Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 am
Boolovesyou says...

Hey! So I know you have lots of reviews I only have one grammatical error

I had travelled all the way across the city and decided to go home the long way, around the central city leisure park, across the east gate bridge and through the industrial wastelands.

Thats all!

-Boo
Milestiba uzvar visu, Milestiba ir upuris.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:36 pm
dolwright says...

I totally love this story, it got me hooked from the very start. It's the kind you would want to read a dozen times over. I wonder if this is part of a novel or something and i would like to know what actually was the character's motive for suicide.
'when I'm gone, my words will remain...
your word is a weapon, either of destruction or re-construction, whatever you make of it,
It's your choice.'

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am
Demoness says...

Oh my god! This was so good! I started reading and I was just.. (Ah, fun, another boring, lame, suicide) Then the story just took such a twist and.. oh, delightful! It's always great to read a sad story with a hopeful ending :) When it comes to the text there were few grammatic errors which is good, and I like your style overall :DDD

Good Luck & Keep Writing

// Demoness
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 pm
AnubisPineapple says...

I thought it was very intriguing. The characters were coloured very well. I though all together it was a nice story. Though, I think the ending was a little mushed.

-Love the Mysterious Sign Painter
*World of Goo*
Sami Lynch Meyers

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm
zinger1912 says...

I'm not big on correcting because English isnt my best subject, but shouldnt it be 'You too son'?? I dont know really, but over all a realllly gooood story! :D
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's alright, then you're all wrong.
But why bounce around to the same damn song?
I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth.
I know, you know, they just don't have any proof.
Your worst inhibition's gonna psych you out in the end.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 am
Hiroku says...

This story amazes me. It's very well written, with a great plot and rather great dialogue. I'm used to stories that, at one point or another, announce the names of the main characters, but your story is a special occasion, considering how well you played it out. Grammatical errors have already been pointed out, so no use in me repeating everyone else.

Overall, this was an amazing piece, and I'm a little disappointed that there won't be an add-on. Please, by all means, if you ever change your mind about the "no add-ons" thing, please please please! Let me know. I'd love to read more to this.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:13 pm
GrimRipper says...

Overall, liked it very much, especially the short conversation with his mom, it was the thing that touched me in this story.
What I didn't like is that the guy wants to commit suicide, but his quite cheerful about it, he should be depressed, full of self-hate and despise.
you also wrote:
There’s nothing left for a crook like me

Why is he a crook? I didn't get that part to well.

Reviews: 3
Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:31 am
limaswork22 says...

Your story had kept me reading and not alot of stories have that affect. However, You didnt go in much details on why that man wanted to commit suicide. It left me clueless but it made me want to read more. I liked the irony. The guy in the story turned from suicidal to completely happy because the girl repay him for saving his life.
REMEMBER ALL OF OUR TIMES TOGETHER

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 pm
dhanshucool says...

Hey there,
It was a pleasure reading your story. I have learnt some things from you as a writer. Even though its a simple plot you managed to hook the readers. That's the thing I like. Anyways keep writing :)

All the best
-Dan

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson