The Last Leadslinger

7 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 990
Reviews 139
Removed. 8)

I thank all those who critiqued it.
Last edited by Torpid on Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 6517
Reviews 798
"his long obsidian leather coat"

Obsidian is, as far as i know, a volcanic material and it can not be made into clothing. It would be better to say: his long obsidian coloured leather coat.

"After a few minutes, fed up he was, he drew his pistol. BOOM! BOOM! He squeezed off two shots into the night sky."
dont use sound effects. Thats where description comes in handy, say instead: After a few minutes, he was fed up and so drew his pistol, thundering two shots into the night sky

just some suggestions.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 990
Reviews 139
Thanx for the thundering shots, i will use that later. I'm writing more of it now and there is about to be a shooting...
~Torpid




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 683
It's good! There are some grammar areas where you need to improve on, but it is good! Also, try breaking it up a bit so it is easier for us to read.

One pointer; I don't like it when you use the words "BOOM BOOM" I know you are trying to make use of onomatopoeia's, but I just don't see why you need to use "BOOM BOOM". Nice work, I'm off to read the second part now.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 990
Reviews 139
Thanx when i get enough time to write the third part i will.
~Torpid




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 375
good stuff, i see quite allot of potential in this story. i agree that you probably shouln't put the BOOM BOOM! in it. it is very well paced. and now im going to go read the other part.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 375
good stuff, i see quite allot of potential in this story. i agree that you probably shouln't put the BOOM BOOM! in it. it is very well paced. and now im going to go read the other part.



Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate