z

Young Writers Society

I want to die on the highest high

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:28 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Spoiler! :
I read this amazing fanfiction, written from the point of view of someone insane, and followed by a second part, which from from the view of a different person, also insane, and I was just like 'WHOA. I have to try this.' So here we are. There might be some mistakes, because I haven't edited. Tell me what you think. :)

I can still remember when I was like you.
Yes, there was a switch. One day, I was 'innocent' and I just went with everything like the rest of you. I didn’t question perception. I had my own little dramas with other people. The next day I opened my eyes.
You’re stupid.
The switch is simple. All you have to do is stop pretending. Everything in life is a mask. No matter how comfortable you are at what you are doing. Just stop. What’s the point? Everything is just a chemical reaction in your brain. Even pain isn’t real. I know. I’ve seen blades cut through flesh. That’s all it is. Pain is part of your mask.
Just take it off already. What’s wrong with you? Who said you had to talk? Politeness for the sake of politeness? You don’t have to be like that. Doesn’t it make you tired after a while? Doesn’t it make you want to scream? You don’t have to. Just stop it. But you won’t. You think I’m the crazy one?
You’re stupid.
You’re not happy. Your ‘happiness’ isn’t real. Why should you have to smile? What’s your logic behind laughing, when it’s not real? I’m the only one who should be laughing. I could laugh at all of you. You ridiculous people. All fucking morons. But the fact that you can’t see it just makes me want to scream.
Do you know what a relief it is? To not have to pretend to like people? You don’t like anyone, either. It’s true –don’t disagree with me. It makes me want to puke to see you all like this. See? I’m not cold-hearted. I feel for you and all your stupidity. I see you all, every day, debating about useless things like politics.
You’re all consumed by greed and lust, it’s disgusting. It’s not even yours to lust after in the first place. None of you. You don’t own anything. You don’t deserve anything. I don’t even understand why you think you are right to even consider owning anything.
See, but now you’ve gotten me angry. Why should any of you deserve to live? Oh, call me insane, call me arrogant, call me cold. But it’s simple. The answer is simple.
You should all die. You don’t deserve to, but you should. To deserve something means you’ve earned it. Death is a mercy. You don’t deserve it, but it would be better than having to see all of your blind faces all day.
But you creatures are curious things; animals with the will to live. Die, I say, all of you die. But you still won’t. So there’s only one answer left. Now don’t go thinking I’m doing it for you. I’m not miserable. Being miserable is a feeling, which doesn’t exist. Like pain does not exist. So for fuck’s sake, stop acting like it’s all real!
This isn’t for you, trust me. No –don’t trust me. Don’t even come near me. I hate you filthy people. You know what, though? It’s going to be good. Not fun, because what the hell is that? Just something you people made up. It’s not real. No one actually needs it. Need is not real.
Get away from me, you stupid little shits.
But you won’t, will you? You just keep crowding in. I’m not stupid, though. I can get away from you.
I’m not going to let you get the last word in, though. I’m not leaving on account of being ‘insane’. I’m not, you losers. I’m better off than all of you because I don’t have to pretend to be myself. Where you all are worried about pretending to be someone else, you should be more worried about being yourself. I can see how that might be a little difficult. You’re all blind, so it’s not like you can even really see yourselves.
Die, you vermin.
But you won’t, will you?
I could make this clean, but where’s the logic in that? Pills, cuts –that’s your specialty. No one is going to remember you if you leave quietly. That’s why I’m going out in a bang. You’ll all hear about me, and someone will have enough brains to see that I’m actually right.
Don’t you dare cry for me. If even a single one of your stupid tears touch my grave, I’ll come back in a rage and rip your heads off. All of you.
You’re so stupid, I can’t stand it.
I am going to die on the highest high, because I know I’m getting away from all of you. Why can’t you just see, like I did? Why won’t you fucking believe me? I would try and convince you to, but there’s no point in that. You stupid sons of bitches can’t hear anything over the sound of your own stupidity.
I’m not dying because I’m ‘insane’. I’m dying so I don’t have to see your fucking face every day. I’m dying so I can get the hell away from you all.
I’ve thought about this for the longest fucking time, and you know what? It’s a genius plan. I hope you all feel this ‘pain’ of yours, because it seems to hurt you. And you know the most delicious part about my plan?
It’s all your fault.
Guilt’s not real, but you morons still believe in it, so have fun living, because while death is mercy, life is the exact opposite.
You idiots.
Last edited by LadyFreeWill on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly TheScratchMan.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 pm
View Likes
TheBucketman says...

Besides scattered profanity, I liked it. And actually, the swearing actually added to the affect of talking to a complete lunatic who has lost it. It's sort of eerie in a sense that this guy's plan was, to die, and in his eyes it's the people who are trying to help him's fault he is dying. It was confusing at first, but now I get it. Maybe I didn't interpret it as you did, but still, I think I got the message.

"I can still remember when I was like you.

Yes, there was a switch. One day, I was innocent and I just went with everything like the rest of you. I didn’t question perception. I had my own little dramas with other people. The next day I opened my eyes.

You’re stupid.

The switch is simple. All you have to do is stop pretending. Everything in life is a mask. No matter how comfortable you are at what you are doing. Just stop. What’s the point? Everything is just a chemical reaction in your brain. Even pain isn’t real. I know. I’ve seen blades cut through flesh. That’s all it is. Pain is part of your mask.

Just take it off already. What’s wrong with you? Who said you had to talk? Politeness for the sake of politeness? You don’t have to be like that. Doesn’t it make you tired after a while? Doesn’t it make you want to scream? You don’t have to. Just stop it. But you won’t. You think I’m the crazy one?

You’re stupid.

You’re not happy. You’re ‘happiness’ isn’t real. Why should you have to smile? What’s your logic behind laughing, when it’s not real? I’m the only one who should be laughing. I could laugh at all of you. You ridiculous people. All fucking morons. But the fact that you can’t see it just makes me want to scream.

Do you know what a relief it is? To not have to pretend to like people? You don’t like anyone, either. It’s true –don’t disagree with me. It makes me want to puke to see you all like this. See? I’m not cold-hearted. I feel for you and all your stupidity. I see you all, every day, debating about useless things like politics."

Those paragraphs were my favorite part. Why? It shows how much he's lost it, and that he thinks that he is the normal one. He states that life is fake, basically, and everything is just a mask to make it seem better, but he stopped pretending, and faced the world for what it really is. Aka, he's insane, lol.

I really liked the style of writing you used, and I read it about three times. Great job.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 pm
TheBucketman says...

Oh, yes. I forgot a question. Do you happen to use a program by the name of Scratch? Because if yo do, my username is the same as it is on here.

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues