z

Young Writers Society

"Happy" Halloween

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:02 pm
Nike says...

On this day --night, all the secrets open up.

Every Ghoul.

Every Ghost.

Ready for the hunt.

All the children, covered in lies. Showing their alter ego throughout the dark hours.

No one knows the secrets that lie within these willow trees, jako-lanterns, and candy corns. It's deathly and dark, wandering up and down the children's souls.

Vampires. Werewolves. Wizards. Warlocks.

They are ready for the hunt.

Tonight, all the children will be theirs. All theirs.

They need their power. Their power to run through the night of Hallow's Eve. The night, the perfect night of theirs. Waking up from a long sleep, it's time to come back to their homes.

Halloween isn't for candy, isn't for laughs, isn't for the costumes.

It's for the secrets to wake up. For the creatures to come back to life. For them to take over once again.
Happy Halloween.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:09 am
klotrox16 says...

All in all, I thought this was cute. But I'll leave it at cute. I think you could've been more specific with the reason Halloween wasn't about candy or the costumes or whatever. Like, describe the creatures that could've come out. Or something. I also think this would've worked better as a poem because it didn't have much of a point. And ending with "Happy Halloween" was a tad cliche. I'm sorry to say this wasn't the most original material ever, but as long as you had fun doing it then it's alright.
-Klotrox
In memory of 1411

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:33 pm
wewinwelose says...

This was kinda cutish, but I feel as though you could write more. You say it's about a hunt done by mythical creatures, but I really wish you would try and elaborate a bit. Maybe explain why they're hunting, where they've come from. You don't really have a short story here, you have something more like a prologue. Something that would go before a novel, something that would go before something with more information added to it. Try to explain more, and add more information into the story. But keep your writing style, it is very good :).
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.~Groucho Marx

I have a passion for all things literary, and I love to review the work of others :). PM me with a link and I'd love to review for you too!

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver