z

Young Writers Society

Lonely September Testicles

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 am
pettybage says...

Alas, my pigeon friends, this could only mean that September is just around the corner.
Last edited by pettybage on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 am
WaitingForLife says...

I'm not completely sure what I just read, but I know damn well that this is my sort of humor. :D

I'm guessing you're informing the world that you're not particulary fond of the month of September, in which case you portrayed that emotion well. I liked the darkly humoristic mood you pulled on. As I said, that's my cup of tea. Needless to say, it was your title that drew me in; finally something different. It was th crudeness that had me grinning before I even clicked it.

I've got a question, though. Is there any reason you made pigeons such a big part of your story? Seeing as you started the story with them and also ended it with pigeons, it seems it must have some value, story-wise. I like the effect they brought upon the piece (mainly the protagonist who let his balls hang from his window sill), but I'm hoping they had some higher reason I'm just missing out on.

One more thing: this does seem a bit more like prose than a story. I mean, a story usually has tension and a problem; this was more like relaying info, funny info, but info none-the-less. I dunno, random thought.

All in all, yes, this made me grin wildly and I thank you for that. I just woke up... 7 minutes ago, so thanks for cheering up my early morning. ;)

That's that and see you around!
|Life|
Call me crazy; I prefer 'enjoys life while one can'.
-------
The pen's mightier than the sword - especially when it's wielded by a flipmothering dragon.
-------
◥▶◀◤

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:32 am
pettybage says...

Heh, right, not really a story, just an autumn dirge. The pigeons? They are such a symbolic symbolism that I couldn't possibly start to explain. Anyway, glad you produced an endorphin rush!

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche