z

Young Writers Society

A life for a life- edited

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:24 pm
Acid_Fairy says...

'Hi mum! I'm home!' I walk in and flop down on the sofa. we went through the same routine. Dad walks out out of the kitchen and I say 'hi' He responds with a short tight nod nods and looks at me, the same way he always does. Like there's a barrier. There's something always with me that's screaming out that this man isn't my dad. Something always telling him that i'm not his daughter. I sigh and think of my dad back in Venezuela. I seem to be thinking about him alot lately. How things might have been different.

'iHola papi!'
'iSofia Hola chiquita! ?como estas?'
'Muy bien' I go to hug him and smile. This is my family. and this is my life.

****ok i don't know really weather to bother with this- but the basic line is something happens and then it doesnt really happen but it shows how the situation might have been different if her parents hadn't split up...so tel me what you think. not too sure about the title either...****
Last edited by Acid_Fairy on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angel now- Devil forever ;-P

40 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:29 pm
Acid_Fairy says...

ok sorry it's supposed to be

'Dad walks out of the kitchen. I turn and say 'hi', trying to force a rare smile. '

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:10 pm
Emma says...

Well, it would be nice for you to carry on so we can get an idea of what you're trying. A writer should always finish what they start. Something I should look into more.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:19 pm
Jennafina says...

Intstead of making another induvidual post, you can edit your previous posts by clicking the little edit button in the top right hand corner. Hope that helps!

The writing in spanish is a great idea. It really inritches the story.

Spelling and grammar sugestions:

'Hi mum!' I walk in and drop my bag on the floor then flop down on the sofa.

Use the qoutation marks not the apostraphies here, also, the word on, repeated rwice in the sentence, sounds a little awkward.

The same routine. Dad walks out out of the kitchen. and say hi. He nods an looks at me. the same way he always does. like there's a barrier.

The same routine is not a complete sentence. Try; "We went through the same/usual routine."

Dad walks out out of the kitchen. and say hi. He nods an looks at me. the same way he always does. like there's a barrier.

I think most of those periods are ment to be commas. Also, you wrote out twice, lol. If you want him to be walking out, through walking out of the kitchen, you need a comma inbetween. Like this:

Dad walks out, out of the kitchen, and say hi. He nods an looks at me, the same way he always does. Like there's a barrier.

Something there thats always screaming out that he isnt my dad. Something always telling him that i'm not his daughter. I sigh and think of my dad back in venezuela. I seem to be thinking about him alot lately. How things might have been different.

Maybe you could consider re-writing the first sentence. It doesn't really make sense. Try...

Something is there with me that was always screaming out that this man wasn't my dad.

Other thing: Capitalize Venezuela, since its a country.

'!Hola papi!'
'Sofia!!! hola chiquita! como estas?'
'muy bien' i go to hug him and smile. This is my family. and this is my life.

Here you need to find the upside down question marks and exclamation points. The apostraphies need to be made into quotation marks, and you need to capitalize Hola, Como, Muy, and I.

Cute and interesting plot line, great, short feel-good story, or prologue to an identity quest.

40 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:48 am
Acid_Fairy says...

im not sure how to get upsidedown exclamation marks an question marks so i just did a normal one at the the bigining- i suppose i could try and do an 'i' that might look like an upside down one- thatnks for the points tho- reeally helpful!!!!!

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson