z

Young Writers Society

incomplete

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:22 pm
lin night says...

edited 8/2

The sun is bright and blaring in my ears. I’m feeling fine. I’m feeling like I’ve never been more depressed in my life. I flick the switchblade and cut a piece of bark from the tree. The exertion is more than I can take. I puff my cigarette once and spit it onto the dead grass, watching it barely burn and fade into the damp air.
My best friend Sarah jumped from a rooftop alone. She had a needle in her arm. Her parents said she was better off dead. They didn’t have a corpse to bury.
Jenny says what is that. I say it’s bark from a tree and she says oh. I crush it between my fingers and watch the pieces fall. Jenny is not my friend. I met her a truck stop in Jersey. She gave sloppy head to dirty truckers. I told her she could come with us and she cried and slept in the van.
We’re in a forest and Christopher is stoned out of his mind. His eyes are rolling in the back of his head and he’s shaking. He’s shaking and I know he’s somewhere peaceful. Even if he dies, I know he’ll be somewhere peaceful. I don’t believe in Hell or Heaven. When we die, we go to a place in our brains where everything is fine and nothing can hurt us.
…It’s been three hours. Christopher is lying on the floor with a red bandanna over his mouth. He doesn't look as if he is registering anything around him. Jenny is trying to sleep but I know she’s more fucked up than Christopher is. She just doesn’t show it. Saliva is dripping from her mouth and I think about what her childhood was like. Her parents probably beat her. Somewhere down the line, her father must have molested her..
I feel sorry for us. I can’t concentrate long enough to remember what happened, what brought us to this point, but it makes me feel like there’s a hole in my heart that won’t heal no matter what I do.
Maybe nothing happened.
Last edited by lin night on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:31 pm
Rincewind says...

That's fuckin awesome.
I like the point of view in the narrative.

"Jenny says what is that. I say it’s bark from a tree and she says oh. I crush it between my fingers and watch the pieces fall. Jenny is not my friend. I met her a truck stop in Jersey. She gave sloppy head to dirty truckers." - I love the way you did the dialogue there. The sloppy head to dirty truckers part is just plain funny.

Keep going with this, for sure.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:41 pm
Jennafina says...

I agree with him^^^^^
It kindof repeats its self though.. Keep going!!!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:17 am
Emma says...

Thats cool, confusing for me... (maybe because I have such a short attention span) I'd like to see more of this!

'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy