People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 pm
thetraveler says...

Have you ever been told that you have soft hair? Out of no-where?
That happened to me today. It was odd how my friends just knew I would be comfortable with them stroking my hair, then loudly complementing it to the world. *sigh* that's life, I suppose...
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 am
Iggy says...

Ariel smiles softly as she walks in and grabs a bottle of soda, throwing a dollar bill down on the counter. Then she turns and nods to the folks next to her. "Hey. You guys can call me Ariel, Iggy, whatever." She sips her drink and waits quietly for them to respond.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:48 am
creativityrules says...

Rosie staggers through the door, forgetting to wipe the mud off of her boots. She careens to the counter, slumps onto a stool, and immediately rests her head on the countertop.

"How did the dragon negotiations go, Rosie?" Nate asks curiously, filling a mug with hot chocolate and placing it next to Rosie's rumpled head.

Rosie's right hand reaches for the mug, but her left hand twists into a thumbs-up sign.

"Wonderful," Nate responds, slinging a dishtowel over his shoulder and watching as Rosie straightens up to drink her cocoa. He's about to walk to the pantry when he notices something odd about Rosie's face. He stares intently at her as she inhales the chocolatey steam. "Rosie, are you missing an eyebrow?"

"Yup," Rosie slurs. "Dragon wasn't too happy. Singed my face. Don't worry. I've had worse." She traces a finger over where her eyebrow used to be and is silent for a moment. Then she turns and extends a hand to the girl next to her. "Hi, Ariel. Nice to meet you."
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 am
Iggy says...

"Likewise, Rosie. Excuse me, but what's this I hear about dragons?" Ariel asks curiously.
- Lewis Carroll

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm
View Likes
creativityrules says...

An odd smile wanders onto Rosie's face as she considers how to answer Ariel's question.

"Well, in a town where I used to live, there's a dragon living on the outskirts of town. Back when I was very young, I befriended it and convinced it to stop eating the villagers livestock and clearing the grocery store shelves of Flaming Hot Cheetos every time there was a sale. The dragon agreed.

"But recently, I received word that the dragon was acting up again. An old friend called on me to return to the town and try to negotiate with the dragon. So I returned and spoke to the dragon about it.

"She was very friendly. Apparently, she'd started raiding the town again because the villagers wanted to convert her cave to a shopping mall. She wouldn't have any of it. I made the villagers promise to leave her alone. Before I left, I hugged her and she accidentally sneezed. Hence my missing eyebrow. I'm not worried about it, though. It'll grow back soon enough."

Rosie sets her empty mug down on the countertop. "Nate, can I have a refill?"
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 pm
Iggy says...

"Dragons!" Ariel exclaimed, suddenly very excited. "I befriended one myself as well. His name was Shardas and he was one of a kind.." She trails off, lost in her thoughts, then shakes her head quickly. "Did you have fun?"
- Lewis Carroll

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:48 pm
FakeCrow says...

"Hello pardners, I'm back! Did any of ya'll miss me?" Crow asked as he burst through the swinging tavern doors. He was wearing a cowboy costume with authentic cowboy voice.

some of the people looked back at him, but most of them just ignored him. One person asked when he had left, since he had been sitting right next to him the whole time and had never seen him move except to turn a page of "Alice In Wonderland."

"You didn't notice? After reading the book 100 times, being able to quote it word for word, knowing every single underlying meaning, then writing an essay on it, I took it to my teacher. By the way, My teacher is more of a dragon than any dragon you've befriended before," Crow says with a wink at rosie and Ariel. "After delivering the manuscript me and the dragon had a heated, literally, she was burning the place down, debate about my essay. It ended with another student proving that the book is meaningless dribble and that the debate was stupid. Then me and the dragon both slayed the peasant-like student. Then it was Halloween..." Crow droned on and on until know one was listening.

Suddenly, he noticed the knew insane person who talks about themselves in the third person.

"Oh, and nice to meet you Ariel, may I call you Lorance?" He said, finally realizing he'd been out of character the whole time.
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:29 am
cloud9 says...

Does anyone ever tried paperlet.com? It seems a very interesting site to write & share stories..

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 am
deaththekid8 says...

and then the cloaked hero entered the room, sauntered over to the bar, and took a seat. He ordered a tall glass of fresh milk which he drank in a single swig. A man came up to him and nudged him in the ribs. "think your a big man, drinkin your milk all tough, huh. Well a baby like you had better go back to hiding under his mothers shawls before he gets hurt." He poked him hard in the ribs again, but came to a tough resistance. The thug tried again and in a flash, was elbowed through the wall of the tavern and both walls of the general store next door. The hero asked for another milk and pulled his hood down to reveal not skin but wood covering his entire body.
Well i feel the need to spin some new flavor into my writing so let's begin.
... ... aaaaand i got nada.
Well writer's block is the worst. crank randomness to level eleven.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm
LemonyIce says...

Lemony slipped into The Tavern as quietly as she could, trying to attract as little attention as possible. She cringed at the sight of so many people, and carefully made her way to the counter, carefully choosing a seat that was as far off into a corner as possible.

She mused over the fact that no one seemed to have recognised her. She didn't expect them to, of course. She had a new name now, and a new personality. Besides, it had been almost a year since she had last visited this place. There were many new faces, and she searched the crowd for old ones. Old friends and acquaintances. But she couldn't find any. Sighing, she rested her head on the top of the counter.

"Hey, can I get you something?"

The slightly familiar voice made her lift her head and stare at the person in front of her through a half-open eye. Nate!

"Oh, um, I'll just have a glass of water, thanks."

She gave him a small smile and after receiving her glass of water, she sighed once more and looked around. So much had changed, including her. She had new dreams, new fears, new interests, new... loves. But everyone else who had been a regular customer at The Tavern had disappeared, vanished into thin air. None of the new people knew who HPR was, and if they did, they wouldn't have recognized her as Lemony.

Suddenly, an idea struck her. Feeling a little more active, she got up from her chair and, as loudly as she could, said, "Hey guys! I just lost The Game!"

After hearing a few groans from here and there, she chuckled, sat down and rested her head on the counter once more. She wasn't going to approach anyone, and would instead wait for someone to approach her, being the typical introvert that she was.
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 am
View Likes
deaththekid8 says...

Quiet will not keep us content. Oh no, a lust for chaos was insatiable. So Tom stood up from his own table emptied his beer and walked to the nearest patron, where he took his bottle by the neck and broke it over the man's head.
Three of the patron's friedns responded by jumping at Tom and the fray began. Flying fists and bottles alike and through it Tom felt the rushing in his ears, the hightening of his senses, and the calmness of his heart. He was finally doing what he was made for.
Well i feel the need to spin some new flavor into my writing so let's begin.
... ... aaaaand i got nada.
Well writer's block is the worst. crank randomness to level eleven.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:14 pm
FakeCrow says...

Crow looked at the ruckus that Tom started, snickering as he tossed a banana peel into the fray. Someone grabbed a knife and was about to stab tom in the back when the man slips on the banana peel, falling backwards and stabbing one of his friends. Crow walks over to tom and the two guys on the ground. Crow jumps on them a few times before talking to Tom.
"thanks for he help," said Tom.
"don't thank me, that banana peel was meant for you."
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis