z

Young Writers Society

Corrupt a Wish [3]

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:38 am
Pundit says...

Granted, but it doesn't get granted to you, it gets granted to XxJoJoxX.

I wish I was dead.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 am
Priceless says...

Granted but something goes kersplat in the system so you end up a ghost for life.
I wish I could stop growing at 17. (Seventeen Forever, as the song goes).
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 pm
Starhunter says...

Granted: instead you start shrinking.
I wish I was a superhero.
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it!
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

5 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:22 pm
Pundit says...

Granted, but you have no powers, just a spandex suit.

I wish I was me.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

114 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm
Priceless says...

Granted but you lose your ability to speak.

I wish for immortality.
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:49 pm
shiney1 says...

Granted, but you get depressed because you keep seeing your friends and family members die in front of you.

I wish school would not start.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

114 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:13 pm
Priceless says...

Granted but that's only because a natural disaster occurs, reducing your school and all other schools around to a pile of ruble.Did I mention that natural disaster kills everyone you love? :twisted:

I wish I was Miley Cyrus.

182 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 pm
shiney1 says...

Granted, but all of you haters keep sending you hate mail and you never have any peace.

I wish the government would stop acting like children.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

114 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 pm
Priceless says...

Granted but they start acting like dictators instead.

I wish for a pair of Converse.

182 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm
shiney1 says...

Granted, but it turns out they are the fake type and rip when you walk in them.

114 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm
Priceless says...

You didn't wish for anything. :?

182 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:46 pm
shiney1 says...

Oops...

I wish for some shougayaki.

5 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:11 pm
Pundit says...

Granted, but Priceless eats it.

I wish the government would act a bit more like children

Robert Fulghum wrote:All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.
These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.
George Orwell

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:27 pm
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Very nice. Wish granted! However, now that babies are running our country we're just as messed up as before, except it's more like soap opera messed up with all the emotional changes going on.

I wish I had a pacifier.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

114 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:56 pm
Priceless says...

Granted but it gets stuck in your mouth forever.

I wish mean people would all die.

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes