Young Writers Society

A random fact about yourself

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 pm
OxfordandOnyx says...

Hmm, random fact.
I hate (with a passion) butterflies.
Four kinds of people I hate most in life.
1. People who use a preposition to end a sentence with.
2. People who can't count.
3. People who think it's 'clever' to quote ironic phrases.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:57 am
Night says...

:smt089 I love butterflies.

I think beef flavored Ramen tastes like pizza.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:26 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

o.o ok, thats kind of strange. I hate butterflies too. So does my best firned (ooh, heres a fact!) who's name is PuffSammy. I also have tons of fictional character crushes. Artemis Fowl, Ron Weasly (from the movies and books), Draco Malfoy (from the books), Jack Skellington, Jack Sparrow, Damen Auguste (i cried so much while reading the book he's in), Twig, Kartik, Fang, Wolverine, the gypsy guy from the Dream of the Stone...it goes on.

And one last fact, I am horribly, fatally clumsy because of my pigeon footed-ness ^///^
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:11 pm
AquaMarine says...

RON WEASLEY IS MINE.

I'm serious. Back away now and no-one gets hurt.

:)

Random fact - I love Ron Weasley/Rupert Grint. Whichever xD
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 pm
Jetpack says...

Random fact - I read the first two books of Harry Potter when I was about eleven and got bored. Haha. :P

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 pm
wolf4 says...

If I'm really bored one day in class, I'll start narrating my life in my head with a British accent. (I really wish I had one :) )
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

197 Reviews

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:11 pm
Jetpack says...

I am British, and therefore have the accent. I went to the States when I was about 10 and my cousin and her best friend spent ten minutes making me repeat "hello" and so on, just because of my accent. What's the fascination you have, seriously? It's not as if the feeling's mutual (:P); we're too obsessed with the Aussie accent here.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

British accents are just so...I dunno. I mean, when you think of your dream guy, he's got one. They are sofisticated, funny, legendary (Monty Python anyone?) and all around rad. Thats my view on British accents. And, um, I think I called dibs on Rupert/Ron. I have a shrine for him, ok?

:oops: Um, it's not like I'm totally obssessed, or anything,. I just have a hot guy shrine (PuffSammy dubbed it that) and Rupert Grint takes up a good amount of space next to Wolverine and Rob. And Johnny Depp. Can't ever forget Johnny ^-^
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:14 am
Lucinda says...

XD Another Artemis fan, White_Shadow? He's mine, sister. :lol: We're planning a June wedding, to quote the teen genius himself.

As for British accents, Jetpack, I know how you feel (sort of). When the girls at summer camp learned I had been to England, all I heard for the rest of the week was "Do a British accent!" xD But anyway: I think the accent is really romanticized here in the United States. It's awesome and all, but not *that* awesome. xD
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

197 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:36 pm
Jetpack says...

They are sofisticated, funny, legendary (Monty Python anyone?) and all around rad.

Cockney English? Geordies? We don't all speak like the Queen! Plus, I'm assuming you mean English accents as opposed to British, which I suppose could include Scottish accents, which are an entirely different thing again. :P

Okay, back on topic, or off-topic to be completely correct... My friends and I all assigned each other Power Ranger colours and have a catchphrase and everything. :P

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:05 pm
Anna Graham says...

Okay, here's one:

I can't talk on the phone on my left ear. It has to be my right. Otherwise I can't hear half the things the people are saying, even though my hearing is fine in that ear. :?

Lol, I used to love the Power Rangers!
Me and my two best friends through junior high and high school have the same middle name. We called ourselves the Marie-kateers, made up a cheer, (involving a secret handshake and some jumping around) and printed out business cards on the computer. :D We were dorks.
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 pm
lilymoore says...

I've spent the last year crushing on the journalist Simon Van Booy just because this picture:

All I can think is that if Dorian Gray were a real person, then he would probably look like that. And I melt.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

Reviews: 4
Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
hamerkid2 says...

haha... i spent the last twenty minutes reading through these random facts and i just have to get in on this.

Many people tell be that i can sound exactly like a monkey and the kids i babysit love when i act like a chimp.
-Hamerkid2

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm
OverEasy says...

I am *obsessed* with Joss Whedon.

I love tropical fish, and used to study them.

I am thinking about trying to get into some form of marine biology.
Life is for living.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 pm
irishfire says...

When I laugh I have to either clap or cover my mouth with my hands, I have no idea why but I HAVE to do something with my hands, wether its doing those two things or banging on the table or whacking someone :thud:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda