Young Writers Society

A Concerning Revelation re: chickens

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:49 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Normally, I ignore the quotes from the random quote generator. But, for some reason, I looked at it this time and I was horrified.

The quote was this:

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea

Did... Nate transform the chickens into funky orangutans??? This sounds alarmingly powerful. I am not sure we should allow this to happen. What if the beloved Chickens literary genre turns into the Funky Orangutans literary genre instead???

I think we need to talk about this more and maybe turn the funky orangutans back to what they used to be before this astonishing move by Nate. This is quite shocking in every possible way. I am just stunned. But the poor chickens shouldn't be punished any longer.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:27 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Oh goodness. I'm quite sure @lliyah will have something to say on this issue.

This may be a hot take, but - I wonder if perhaps we could have both chickens and funky orangutans living (and chatting) in harmony? Who says they must be mutually exclusive. No one!! I'm sure if I were a funky orangutan I would want my best friend to be a chicken. Of course, regardless, the chickens must be brought back; it's just a matter of whether we let the funky orangutans stay.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:21 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

But see, it sounds as if Nate transformed the chickens into funky orangutans using some wizardry of sorts.... no doubt related to coding. (@Spearmint can probably explain it better than me.)

Shouldn't the chickens brought back to their original forms??
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:57 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

!!! Indeed, transformation is a powerful kind of coding wizardry! Perhaps Nate used typecasting… e.g., if we had Chicken herschel = new Chicken(); and Nate typed herschel = (FunkyOrangutan) herschel;, I can see this sort of situation arising…
Perhaps we can try doing herschel = (Chicken) herschel; to reverse it?? >.>

* credit to @lliyah for the name, by the way, as if I remember correctly, Herschel is one of her favs…
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:40 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

I think there is a mystery contained within Mea's quote - if I remember correctly I think it is part of a larger poem that was once shared in the YWS Call-in Radio Show. Maybe if we could find the rest of the poem we could solve these very urgent mysteries.

Chickens in Chat ... more alliterative anyways than the orangutans.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

we went from advice to meth real quick
— ShadowVyper