z

Young Writers Society

Housekeeping Issues !!

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:28 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

@Omni recently pointed out a valid concern here, which is that we don't have a thread to report any of Big Brother's mischevious pranks around the house. It seems imperative that for a writing site of caliber such as ours to remain uncorrupt, we must have a respectable mascot.

That said, any allegations against BB of homework-eating and newspaper-tearing will be taken very seriously and investigated thoroughly. Please do not spam this thread with silly complaints.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:13 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Many years ago, we had an independent member named Winston Smith (with a space, because back then we could have spaces in our names) who monitored Big Brother's account because he was incredibly suspicious and wanted to make sure Big Brother was acting in an ethical manner. But finally, he decided that Big Brother was acting completely ethically and he even claimed that he loved Big Brother... which, trust me! It was a big step.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about Big Brother.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:27 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Speaking of username spaces, I’d like to report Big Brother for having a space in their username. Now that should be held accountable. If every new user sees that their first automatic follower has a space in their username, what will they think when they want to change their name? They’ll want to have a space, of course. This is a terrible example of a role model and a mascot, so I am highly concerned >_>
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:54 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Thank you for creating this thread @Seirre but I no longer believe we need a thread for concerns involving Big Brother. Big Brother does not have any concerns that would need to be addressed nor have they ever nor will they ever. I have seen the error of my ways.

Big Brother is a good doggo, and a good mascot.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:15 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Oh my goodness. Snoink and Omni, you both make a fabulous and indisputable point. I had a big lapse in judgement posting this thread. I will be locking it immediately to prevent further discussion of our mascot's theoretical flaws, as our mascot is and could only ever be flawless.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro