z

Young Writers Society

It's Time for NaPo! (2023)

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:47 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

As a fellow Gen Z-er, I'd have to agree with @Plume. We stan roman numerals, and honestly in comparison, arabic numerals are kind of basic. 4? Nah, IV just hits different. It slaps. It's totally valid if you prefer regular numbers though, alliyah! It's just all about what you're personally vibing with.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:22 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Re: Roman Numerals - Fair enough @Seirre & @Plume!
Sorry for the long-time replying, but I needed to get in contact with a Gen-Z translator to figure out some of that modern-lingo y'all were using, but ... I think if I understand correctly: Roman Numerals have experienced a glow up. no cap. and normal numbers are chill. no need for more rules for the time being - unless things become sus.

... hope that all comes across correctly. thank you again for spilling the tea on that fam.

---

Hey I don't know if you've seen this - but just to be aware... it seems like Alice is trying to cancel NaPo to be replaced with Spooktober/Bats - I think as NaPo starts in the next couple days it'll be important for us to remain united - especially with our themes of cats. cafe. jam. poetry. chickens. etc. Be wary of anything Bat related that might be used to overthrow our NaPo plans.

--

Also I can't figure out quite how to count days -> do we have 1 jam jar, or 2 or 0 left?

--

Good luck everyone with your NaPo planning plans! We've got this!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:27 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

1 jam jar to be eaten soon *shoves jam jar onto the table *
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:01 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

@lliyah no need to apologize about the delay!

Roman Numerals have experienced a glow up. no cap. and normal numbers are chill. no need for more rules for the time being - unless things become sus.

You summarized that so eloquently!! I don't think I could ever articulate such a complex concept that well.

I think as NaPo starts in the next couple days it'll be important for us to remain united - especially with our themes of cats. cafe. jam. poetry. chickens. etc. Be wary of anything Bat related that might be used to overthrow our NaPo plans.

Poetry Rangers unite! NaPo is such a powerful, momentous occasion that I really can't imagine anyone being able to put a stop to it. The people want poetry and the people shall have what they want. Mere bats cannot contend with that.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:33 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Hey I don't know if you've seen this - but just to be aware... it seems like Alice is trying to cancel NaPo to be replaced with Spooktober/Bats - I think as NaPo starts in the next couple days it'll be important for us to remain united - especially with our themes of cats. cafe. jam. poetry. chickens. etc. Be wary of anything Bat related that might be used to overthrow our NaPo plans

Seriously guys I am done with you all and NaPo to be honest. What's wrong with a good change that has a good motive behind it, we have NaPo everyyear but this year, I see people getting overly excited, the Poetry crew people especially our chicken lady @lliyah. Bats will be our symbol, no one can do anything about it. Many mods have acknowledged the fact that there is a birds invasion coming soon and we should be prepared to get betrayed even by our own members of the mod team, this is scary enough.

Shady warned us and so have I multiple times! I am sure something ominiously avian is gonna happen tomorrow on the first day of NaPo, I am keeping my eye out on that banner, I have a bad feeling about it.. You all are so sure NaPo has good motives, so be it, people love poetry on YWS no doubt, just keep the birds out of it or else the powerful and our symbol of unity BATS will rise! *and why do i see a chicken in your priority list up there when the people obviouslu choosed cats and bats over chicken huh*

I used to find them cute but after I have seen what the birds did to other sites I cannot fathom our YWS being attacked by them...
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand