166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:37 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Good day YWSers!

I have free time. I can critique. All I lack is self-motivation! :P

So! To get around this nasty obstacle, just tell me what you want critiquing. I've not been very active on the review front for a while, so here's your chance to help me get back on track. ;) There's just one thing I won't do.

WARNING:

Charlie cannot will not critique poetry.

Sorry YWS Poets, but my services don't come in that colour.

But! To balance this out, I will accept any style, any genre, and any length pieces. Just reply to this post with a link and I'll get to work right away. So, what are you waiting for?

EDIT: 11/07/08
-- It appears that my critiques have moved away from being "Grammar Nazi Rampages" to "General Impressions and Writing Lessons". Trust me. You need one of these. Reply to the thread, now!

Yours,
Charlie
Last edited by Charlie II on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:49 am
Jon says...

alright you beat it out of me

In my portfolio under "Canaby Witches" is five delicious chapters waiting to be read, please comment at least and tell me what you thought of them

thanks

---Jon---
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:20 pm
View Likes
xxfourthelement says...

I hate to have to ask, but I was wondering if you could do a crit of the first chapter I wrote of an action/adventure novel I wrote.

topic32756.html

It's not long at all, but I need some serious help with it. It's in first-draft mode and everything.

Thank you very much!

xxfourthelement
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

xxfourthelement

Yayness, I got round to your piece! It was a pleasure to read, the critique was maybe a little harsh, but I figure you'll be thankful when you've made the piece ten times better!

Please, please, please post the other chapters' links in here and I'll review them too, if you're ok with it! I'm awful at remembering by myself, so if you leave the links here then I can't fail! ;)

[EDIT]

wisemann210

The first chapter of the five is critiqued. I'm afraid my body is screaming for sleep now, so I'll see about the other chapters in the next few days. ;) Thank you also for coming forward and requesting critiques! I loved the Canaby Sisters, but I want to see a lot more effort on your part concerning spelling and grammar.

[/EDIT]

And to all you out there who have yet to post, check out my crit for xxfourthelement and see if you want the same services!

Yours,
Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:37 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

Night Terrors

I have just posted this and wondered if I could get some reviews?
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 pm
andimlovegalore says...

topic32723.html
If you have some time! It's first part of a murder investigation. Not too long!
Thanks =]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 am
Firearris says...

Could you do this: topic33149.html ?

Thanks! :)
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:27 pm
View Likes
Insomnia says...

Hey. :D You were asking me if I had something for you to review... a long time ago. Well, I do now, if you could. I'd be grateful forever. xD

post396904.html#396904

Thank you. ^_^

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:07 am
View Likes
Pattycakes says...

Hey if you could review chapter 3 or 4 (or both :) ) of this story: topic32338.html that'd be awesome. I'd prefer if you read the first two chapters, but you don't have to review them unless you want to. I'm not as much concerned about grammar errors (though I know I make them), as much as general story/character/plot comments. But honestly, review how you normally do. Thanks a lot, I appreciate this!

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:16 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
— Brené Brown