196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:20 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Hello. I'm Peanut. Please review this for me;

topic45863.html
:cry:
Please!

Summary; No summary. I can't find one! This is only the first page of a very long book that I am writing.

What I want you to look at for me, well, to be honest, there are many things :shock: . Tell me every mistake you can find, please, but also tell me if this is a good lead for my book. I want to make it the absolute best thing that I've ever written 8) !

[spoiler]I know it is a little confusing, but the sorrow and the nightmare are both animals that I made up. I don't know how to explain a nightmare in my lead without making the story off-track and awkward. Watch out for suggestions for that too :)[/spoiler]

Thank you very much ;)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:57 pm
smaur says...

Okay, I'm done reviews for both Icaruss and peanutgallery007. Again, sorry about the delay — it's kind of a crunch time for me right now.

Does anyone else want a review? I can probably maybe hopefully do it today.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 pm
Mars says...

Please: topic47213.html

It's a switching viewpoints short story, so my main concerns are a) whether it's too confusing/difficult to follow and b) whether I've tried to cram too much plot into too few words. And also, of course, anything else you feel needs work would be good to know. :) Thank you.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

131 Reviews

Sat May 16, 2009 1:59 pm
smaur says...

Aaaand, seven years later, I've critiqued it here. Apologies for the delay. It's the end of the uni year so work has kind of been killing me slowly. Anyone else?
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat May 16, 2009 10:16 pm
Ermixon says...

Would you please review this, it's a science fiction story about a geeky protagonist who inherits a gauntlet that let's him travel to other planets.

post557391.html#557391

I would like a full critique if possible, thanks.

131 Reviews

Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 pm
View Likes
smaur says...

Done! Does anyone else want anything? I'm trying to procrastinate from studying for exams so I sort of have time right now!

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 18, 2009 7:32 pm
JFW1415 says...

Nightly Terrors

I know it needs improving, but I would love a thorough critique. I have some idea of what to do, but I still need a little more help. I think at this point a line-by-line would be best, as I'm kind of stuck as to how to fix it.

Thanks so much!

~JFW1415

131 Reviews

Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 pm
smaur says...

Okay, done! Anyone want anything else critiqued?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 25, 2009 12:13 pm
Pringle says...

Link: post560352.html#560352
Summary: Boy falls in love with boy against his religion and conflict begins.

Could you look at everything, please, a general overview, and comments on the characters and narrative. Thank you!

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:15 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis