z

Young Writers Society

The Jigster Cometh Bearing Gifts And Bombs

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 pm
Jiggity says...

Due to a stunning lack of responses to some of my latest work, I have decided to take this somewhat drastic option. I say "drastic" because I only review stories I like or enjoy - there's a requisite standard of writing that must be there to even keep me going.

I'll start by saying I hate the Fantasy Forum with a passion. By and large, I have only read fantasy novels - in all their infinite variety - since I began to read books seriously. This means two things: One, I love the Fantasy Genre and Two: my standards are ridiculously high. For this reason, given that 85-90% of the stories in the Fantasy Forum are just rubbish, I hate it.

There's a reason for that though: the majority of the writers in that Forum are young teens, 11, 12, 13 and onward but there aren't very much older, experienced writers posting in there. Now its great that the uber-youngin's are exploring their creative side and its only natural for them to be more interested in this genre then others, but its really, really painful for me to go through the stories. With time, I'm sure the gems of creativity displayed there will mature into great stories but for now, I can barely stand to read them.

So, obviously that and Horror, are my areas of expertise. I warn you not to ask for a review in that genre, unless your fairly sure i'll finish reading it and thus be able to comment on it. I'm happy, of course, to review anything.

The two projects I'm hoping will be looked at in return are: Shadow of the Sun and Magda, both of which can be found in my portfolio.

Here's to helping hands,
sincerely Sinister,
Jiggy
Last edited by Jiggity on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:44 pm
View Likes
JFW1415 says...

*Cowers slightly*

Out of Focus

It's been VERY strongly edited, and I would love your opinion on it?

And I'm not going to remember to review your work, so can you just leave me a link here? Ignore the fact that it's closed. XD

Thanks so much!

~JFW1415

798 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:12 am
Jiggity says...

Aha!

A brave one! Cool, I'll take a look at it.

798 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:36 pm
Jiggity says...

One request.
One completed review.

Any other takers?

Haha, am I really so ferocious? People seem afraid... and really, I'm as gentle as a Teddy Bear....OF DOOM!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:48 pm
Jon says...

Well Jiggity Jigster, I challenge you, The one of Doom, to Critique My Fantasy!

Since you say that you love the Fantasy Genre but so many of the ones here are 'rubbish' I will save you.

However there is a catch Because in order to understand what I am about to give you to critique you must read

Chapters 1-5, But don't worry all I've gotten was that they like it and it was interesting aside from some Grammar errors

So I want you to critique This topic33850.html

But you must first read The first Five chapters that can be found Above the one i just gave you.

Trust me It'll be worth your while TO read all of the Chapters, But remember I only want a critique on the Sixth Chapter
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:47 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber