Camp Nano July 2023: The Last Conqueror

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:56 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Um!!! I guess we're doing this!!!!!!

My goal for this July is finishing the chapter.

The chapter is about last minute wedding preparation, which already sounds terrible because who likes last minute wedding preparation??? But I assure you that it is even worse than that and all chaos is happening. Guests are showing up early, the groom is in absolutely no condition to get married, and the bride is completely distracted with a surprise famiy emergency. Did I mention that there's a lizard???

So yeah. CRAZINESS.

Anyway, I'll be traveling during this July, so I probably won't have a lot of time to write. But I'll try!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:53 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay, so above is my main goal for July. But I just want to throw out some other ideas I had about what to do in July...

- Edit Book 4 so that it looks cleaner and doesn't have so many stupid typos. Also, get rid of all my favorite filler words.

- Actually, you know what sounds good? Getting rid of ALL the filler words for all the books, haha.

- Rewrite the beginning of the chapter "The House of Death" (book 4) to give it the horror beginning that it DESERVES.

- Read through all the parts in all the books concerning Uclepidies's tragedy and make sure that they actually make sense to the reader. Which is important because Uclepidies's story and Kalie's story are intertwined and YEP. That's kind of important...

- On a related note... maybe add more to Uclepidies's tragedy, since I am not sure how apparent this is in the actual narrative.

- Maybe finish Book 4??? Like, my current outline says we are literally two chapters away. And this July, I want to finish one chapter. SO. LIKE. What if I plan to complete two chapters instead???? THEN I CAN FINISH THE BOOK!!!!

- Read through the first couple of chapters in Book 1 and see what some reviewers mean by me info dumping... *gulps*

Anyway, all of these are... probably not going to happen. But if they *DID* happen, it would be beautiful.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:22 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Baby doesn't want to sleep, SO. I guess I'm starting this now! Starting word count of the chapter is 2889... though that includes some outlining stuff that will be deleted...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:45 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

We ended the day at a total of 3765 words... which means I almost wrote 1000 words, woo!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:34 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Best of luck to you this Camp!! If you're traveling by car, I recommend CAR WRITING - aka writing without the distraction of the internet lol
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:21 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Haha, but the internet is funnnnn!

ANYWAY. I haven't done a lot of writing today... mostly daydreaming, BUT. WHAT IF.

Spoiler! :
L plays more important role??? Have the alliance with L and the chars realize that they are in deep trouble. So they come up with a plan for MC to distract L while the others see if they can somehow take L down in the meantime in a last ditch attempt to stop them. Use this to segue to the ending as it is currently planned...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:45 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

OKAY. I rewrote my entire outline for the chapter! It looks DIFFERENT. But let me tell you, it has everything. Major plot twists, thrilling moments, lots of action, unlikely miracles... it's wonderful. It ties in all the books together, including the third book (which is admittedly a strange book and has an even stranger ending). If I write it correctly, it will be the most dramatic ending of all the books, and that is saying something!

I can keep everything that I've written so far, so yay! I will need to split these chapters up to do it justice, which means that I guess that my new goal is writing two chapters, lol.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:59 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

All right. I haven't updated this for several days, but I have about 4500 words now. Though, I think it's going in the wrong direction... I'll look at it in the morning when I am not so sleepy...

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:12 am
Spearmint says...

You got this, Snoink!! Looks like this chapter will be very chaotic, but that's what makes things interesting XD Best of luck the rest of Camp NaNo!!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:59 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I'm always so impressed by how much you manage to accomplish each day for your challenge. Great work so far!
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:58 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Well, I've been visiting family this week, so my words count has been pretty pathetic, lol.

I'm kind of struggling on this one part... there are supposed to be two characters talking, but one of the characters hasn't really been around much since book 2, so I am struggling to figure out what he would say. I keep writing various conversations between them, but it doesn't seem right. Tempted to just skip over that bit and write the next scene, but also the next scene's tone depends on this scene and gahhhhhh.

Tomorrow is a road day, so I am hoping I can read what I've written so far and figure it out...

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:04 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Just keep at it. Eventually you'll get there!! :) I like to handwrite conversation bits because it helps me freestyle a bit more when I'm stressed out about a scene not working. So, yeah. That's an option. But reading over the conversations previous to the one your working on will probably help a lot. Good luck! You've got this!
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:09 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay...I think I got the first part of the conversation down. It is confusing and a little scattered, but frankly, it was always going to be confusing and a little scattered, haha. Tomorrow, maybe I can finish the section??

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:48 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Last day of vacation!!! Anyway, enjoy this completely out of context quote:

Spoiler! :
Cyrus stared at him in disbelief. For a minute, Cyrus wasn't sure what to say. Then his face grew bright red. "Why, of all the cowardly and selfish things to say!"

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:53 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay!!! We are back home!!!!!!!!!

My word count so far is slightly over 9000 (IT'S OVER 9000!!!!) so considering that I've been traveling for weeks across the country... were going to call this a win. XD

I'll finish my chapter more easily now that we're home, I think...

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman