Camp NaNo 22: A Roadtrip Romance

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:17 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Words written today: 2248

Bunny rom com total: 23,836
*if my math looks weird it's because I cut a chunk of words from an old scene today but also wrote a few new scenes

Camp total: 6574

LOOK AT THAT I'M CAPABLE OF SPRINTING A LOT OF WORDS IN A DAY STILL.
And also, would you believe that I think I'm finally happy with Act 1 of this book?? I've been tweaking and fiddling with Act 1 for so long and I think it finally works. BLESS.
Some of that total word count also includes some scenes from Act 2, so no need to panic that this is going to be a 100k rom com because I'm already past 20k one act into the story lol. EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL.

I'm going to read the whole act tomorrow to make sure I like it and then press on! Do I know what needs to happen in Act 2? Relatively. Do I know what the midpoint is that I'm working towards? Not quite but whatever. Writing first drafts is more fun when everything is a surprise!!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:36 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Update: I did my re-read of act one and I am OFFICIALLY happy with it and finally ready to move forward with this story.
Can I write 10k or more this weekend?? LET’S FIND OUT!!

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:48 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Words written today: 775

Bunny rom com total: 24592

Camp total: 7349

Today I did some revising of the scenes I'd written the last time around for act two which is why the words written today is a little lower and the manuscript total numbers might look wonky because I'm cutting things and adding things.

lol the scene I stopped on, I remember writing this one so clearly during NaNo last year. All Too Well (10 Minute Version): The Short Film had just dropped and I was trying to figure out how to write a cute rom com when that song/film just WRECKED me.
and I ended up writing some lines like:
"A few stray leaves had even fallen to the ground around where he set up the blanket. It was like we were living in a Taylor Swift song. But one of the happy ones."
YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO KEEP THAT.

This scene will take some work to fix, and I want to come at it with a fresh brain tomorrow! Then it'll finally be time to write some brand new scenes and really make some forward momentum with this book!!

Spoiler! :

Code: Select all
[b]Words written today:[/b]

[b]Bunny rom com total:[/b]

[b]Camp total:[/b]

Ask a Therapist!

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:32 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

"A few stray leaves had even fallen to the ground around where he set up the blanket. It was like we were living in a Taylor Swift song. But one of the happy ones."
YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO KEEP THAT.

You should! These lines are beautiful, almost poetic! :)

Also, you are doing great with Camp NaNo! Keep crushing it!

(unrelated, but I switched projects in NaNo 21 as well. Its so hard to keep working on the same thing for me, especially when I am short on inspiration)
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

1162 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2022 2:16 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

lol didn't write last weekend because it was so nice outside and I did most of my spring gardening which made me so tired I couldn't do anything else.

lol then I didn't write most of last week. so I got nowhere CLOSE to my camp goal.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT. THAT'S OKAY.

I'm happy I started the roadtrip romance book because now I have a starting point for further marination. I'm also really happy I returned to the bunny rom com because I genuinely love this book again and I have a better sense of where it's going.

I'm 98% sure I know what the midpoint is going to be and I think i need 10-11k to finish act two and get to the midpoint. (I even know what those scenes need to be VERY GENERALLY). I'm also officially done revising the mess I created during nano last year and am now creating new scenes and moving the story FORWARD. Everyone clap.

MAY IS ALWAYS A HAPPY MONTH FOR ME AND MAYBE I'LL ACTUALLY FINISH THIS BOOK IN MAY!!

Thanks for tagging along <33

Ask a Therapist!

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane