z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon May 24, 2010 1:34 am
View Likes
ridersofdamar says...

Ok, so I see a lot of ideas pop up for Hunger Games storybooks, and while I like the idea I do have one problem. How can you fairly decide who lives and who dies at what time? I just finished the second book and I would love to start another one because it has great potential if you can make sure that the writers are willing to stay through the whole thing instead of dropping out when they realize that they are one of the first that will have to die. So, any ideas?
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 am
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

That's totally what I was thinking. But I love the book so much and I wouldn't want my person to die. Plus, out of all the devoted fans who might want to join, there can only be one winner, and would die unless they were like Effie or Cissa or Haymitch etc. Idea good? Yes. Idea realistic and doable? No. I really don't think there's any way of doing this without seriously irking some people. I think any further things about a SB RPG of The Hunger Games, unless you change the rules a bunch, which would get confusing, are more of less toast.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon May 24, 2010 4:34 am
View Likes
ridersofdamar says...

one idea I had was to do a non cannon second quarter quell so there are a lot of tributes that writers don't control. That way we have plenty of action and no one gets bored, but it also gives us the option to have the ten or so writers be the last to survive, then we just stop so that we get pretty far into the games, but then end it before we actually have to kill each other. And if someone drops out or doesnt post they die, that way it isnt completely unrealistic.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 pm
kidashka says...

You could always do it so that people write in their original post how far they survive (out of the last ten)? That way, people would know where they stood from the beginning, and no-one gets offended if their character dies.

Hopefully people here are mature enough to deal with their character being killed in an RP about killing people... :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:04 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

That could work. I wouldn't mind dieing as long as I get to do it in a cool, imaginative way. Not just like getting shot with an arrow through the heart.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

33 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 pm
kidashka says...

Yeah! You could have a section in the profile like-

Death position: [1-40]
How they die:

etc...
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Or you could just have the death thingy and make up how they die later. Like you can't kill another player, but they can have your player kill them. Does that make sense? And the profile might be something like:

District:
Position to die:
Specialty:
Up for allies?:
What you find at the cornucopia:

Let's say that there is a list of things to aquire and unless you are a career there is a limit, and you can't hog all the good things. Like, a good thing or two--say a weapon you are good at, or a backpack with supplies--and a few OK ones--like the sheet of plastic Katniss found and other things similar.

Hey, I would enter that.

~asofterworld.com

33 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

*pause*

I'm pretty excited about this now..... I hope it happens :smt003

Though how would we do the gifts thing? It might be a bit godmoddy... :? Maybe have people ask for stuff in the DT and see if they get approved...?

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:39 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

There could be someone that controls all of that. Like they just can't pick their favorite person, except out of the district, and they give out an occasional gift. Or we could just not have sponsors. Or prep time. Just start in at the action. Oh, and the person who starts the storybook has to give us a basic arena, even if it's not the entire layout. I'm getting super excited too! If this happens, I so call a spot for a girl from either district 12 or 11. Kay?

~asofterworld.com

33 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:46 pm
kidashka says...

Nah, I think prep time and sponsors are important... ^^ Maybe if whoever actually makes it gets to decide :smt003

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:53 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

OK. So who is going to make it? And also, I'm going to post a complete character profile, because I don't want whoever's going to make it to forget something. If I'm forgetting something, feel free to tell me.

CHARACTER PROFILE:

Name:
District:
Specialty (as in, what are they good at. Bow and arrow? Baking cakes?):
History (This can include family, any sort of training in anything that is helpful in the games, and most importantly, did they volunteer, or get reaped, and how did they respond to it):
Position to die:
Up for allies:
What did you find at the cornucopia:
Survival technique (do you pull a foxface and go all sneaky, a Thresh and wait it out in the landscaping most dare not go, a Cato and do a career, or a Katniss--I think she needs no explanation):
Personality:
Other:

Am I missing anything important?

~asofterworld.com

33 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

If we miss out the prep, then add how much support they have/if they have sponsors.

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 11:01 pm
ultraviolet says...

As a side character someone could be the districts mentor and decide what gifts they get. In the profile you could just post about how much support they found and with their posts what they are sending someone and any new supporters. You could also have a tribute and the mentor just gets the occasional post if they are needed.

Oh, and someone could be the gamemakers to mix it up a bit.

What do you think?

Oh! And the mentors gifts have to be approved if they are anything more substantial than a loaf of bread or something.

~asofterworld.com

33 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

It might be hard for mentors to post cause they'd have no-one else to interact with... Maybe having sponsors as charas instead/aswell? That way they can chose the gifts...?

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 pm
ultraviolet says...

But we don't really know much about the sponsors. We could have the mentors interact with sponsors. Plus, they aren't main characters. Their posts are just to tell the tributes when they get gifts and stuff. K?

~asofterworld.com

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn