z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 24, 2010 11:11 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

Well, yes, but I think it would work best if there was either 'mentors + sponsors + tributes' or just tributes... If we have all three then the mentors can haggle/coax the sponsors into giving gifts :D
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon May 24, 2010 11:24 pm
ultraviolet says...

That sounds good! So each person can have up to one of each? Also, I think that we shouldn't have 24 tribute spots. Some people have to die right away. Maybe we should ask for ten or twelve spots, which can be filled with up to a boy and a girl in whatever district.

Double also, I FORGOT! A profile thing.

Appearance:
Picture (optional):

Now I think I have everything.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue May 25, 2010 12:57 am
ridersofdamar says...

Ok, so I'd be willing to start it, create an arena, judge the sponsor's gifts, and set all of the rules, it you guys will gather support. I think we agree that the biggest concern is god modding through sponsors? If thats the case then we just have all requests sent through me or someone else and then we approve it. Another solution is to have this be the first hunger games, so that maybe there are no sponsors (i dont like this one as much).

Are there any other issues that we should handle?

P.S. I still think it might be good to do a non cannon version of the second quarter quell so it will last longer before we have to kill each other (40 other players instead of twenty).
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

262 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 am
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

What do you mean non-cannon version? And, by the way, there would be forty-eight tributes. Twenty-four for a normal games.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

42 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:05 am
ridersofdamar says...

i know :) I was just going fast. two for each district, four in the quarter quell.

by non canon I mean it doesn't fit in with the world set out by the author, so basically Hamich (i butchered that) doesn't exist, so we are basically free to do what we want.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

262 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 am
ultraviolet says...

Oh. OK.

~asofterworld.com

42 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:25 am
View Likes
ridersofdamar says...

ideas?

262 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 2:01 am
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Define ideas.

~asofterworld.com

42 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 2:12 am
ridersofdamar says...

would it work? Im almost done typing it out, so I can send you a rough draft.

262 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 2:25 am
ultraviolet says...

Sure. Why don't you PM it to me. I'd love to see it, and I can help make suggestions. :) Hop I don't annoy you too much. :wink:

~asofterworld.com

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke