Young Writers Society

What do you want to see?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed May 05, 2010 1:22 pm
tanith14 says...

ScarlettFire wrote:
tanith14 wrote:I did make one but no one responded to it. :|

I think part of the problem is I specifically asked for each post to not be 1st person narration which appears to be the norm for story books.

I was going to join it but then I saw the "Not first person" thing and was like, 'Er, I wirte better in first person. Third, not so much...' So I didn't end up joining. *shrugs*

There seems to be a lot of interesting things going on.

I don't like it when people copy another's idea or an idea already in use, such as things based on video games and tv shows. It's okay if they're different, but it's not okay if they're exactly like the idea already in use.

Sorry if the requirement turned you off. It's just so much easier to get a coherent plot line with 3rd person narration. I understand why people like the 1st person narrative, but I think it is important to dabble in other narrative styles. Pretty much every storybook is in 1st person, so I thought it would be more interesting to put it into a different narrative format.

Your last two comments are a bit confusing. Are you saying that I copied someone's idea but I have interesting ideas? Just curious.

Cheers.
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed May 05, 2010 1:56 pm
ScarlettFire says...

tanith14 wrote:Your last two comments are a bit confusing. Are you saying that I copied someone's idea but I have interesting ideas? Just curious.

Cheers.

No, no. That was just random babbling. I wasn't talking about your ideas or anything. It was just in general.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 pm
View Likes
tanith14 says...

ScarlettFire wrote:
tanith14 wrote:Your last two comments are a bit confusing. Are you saying that I copied someone's idea but I have interesting ideas? Just curious.

Cheers.

No, no. That was just random babbling. I wasn't talking about your ideas or anything. It was just in general.

Haha, no worries. I didn't think it was but I was just curious.

Cheers.
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri May 14, 2010 3:08 am
ultraviolet says...

tanith,

I think the reason people are so against writing in 3rd person in a SB is because you have such short posts as it is. It's hard to get your character to feel like a person, to convey real emotions, and it is so much harder in 3rd, than in 1st. (At least for me.) And I write in 3rd sometimes, but in a short story at the shortest. That's my take on it, anyways.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown