The Wonderland Rift

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 am
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
Dudes. I totally just remembered that this character was mine. #score

The Dormouse

I'd found a nice, quiet tower in the south end of the castle to drowse. It was getting so hard to find a peaceful location these days. Always someone complaining about someone else, or gossiping, or...I didn't care. I just wanted a nice, dark, quiet room, and I'd found it at long last...

Then the door opened and three people rushed inside, closing the door right before two idiot soldiers saying that they'd seen them come this way. I sighed. So much for quiet.

I watched, amused, at the interactions between who I recognized to be the Queen and one of her soldiers. He kissed her and scurried off. She seemed annoyed.

"Not a word, if you want to live," The Queen snarled.

He tossed his hands up and bowed slightly, smirking.

The Queen began to pace, getting edgier and edgier by the moment. "Lordshire."

"Yes?"

"You're a dirty, conviving little rat."

He glared. I glared. I didn't appreciate people saying 'rat' like it was a bad thing.

"I resent that," I said, tugging on my ears.

They jumped. The Queen seemed bewildered. I'd seen her far more often than she'd seen me.

"Ah...I apologize."

"Mm..." I mumur, closing my eyes, hoping for just another moment of rest before they were found. The Duchess was coming.

"Well as long as he's not offended." I suppose I'm not.

“Or I’ll knock your ass out,” The Queen snarled.

I'd definitely missed something important. I cracked an eye open to look at the scene. The Queen had a very poor grip on her gun, which she brandished threateningly.

“Not like that, you won’t,” I yawned.

“What are you talking about?” They'd already seemed to forgotten about me.

“Get a firm grasp on the barrel—wrap your fingers all the way around it—firmer than that— that’s it. Now aim for his temple, just before the hairline-” I instructed. She was quick, and didn't force me to finish the instructions.

Lordshire crumpled to the ground.

“Thanks,” I said, nodding to the creature. “Er—Mr…?”

“I am the Dormouse. Nothing more, nothing less.” I answered, yawning.

“Right,” The Queen nodded. “I’m Yamani.”

“I am aware of who you are. You are Yamani, Queen of Wonderland, Queen of the Hearts, haughty and insufferable at times, but pure at heart.” I murmur.

“You’re very honest.” She glared.

“I do try to be.” Had smirking been my style, I would've, but it wasn't, so I didn't.

“You’re also annoying.”

“How would you know? We’ve only just met.” I pointed out calmly.

“But if you’re always like this, you’d be very annoying.” She flushed.

“Now you’re adding stipulations.”

“It means the same thing.”

“It does not.”

“Well that’s what I meant.”

“Well say what you mean and mean what you say.”

She glared. I felt very satisfied that I had succeeded in my quest to annoy her.

“Now, if you’re looking to get out of this room before the Duchess arrives, I suggest you leave shortly.” I wasn't cruel...neither did I desire to witness a fight. I just wanted to sleep.

“Right…I don’t feel like fighting Minerva today. It’s been a bad enough start to this bloody day as it is.” I second that.

“In which case, I do not recommend using that air vent," I gestured at the airvent I heard Minerva grunting in, approaching the room.

“Thank you.” The Queen began to toss a rope out the only window that wouldn't lead her to safety.

“That window leads directly to an oil-filled moat.” I warned. She must be tired too.

“Thank you again."

She was terrified, but prepared her escape route with dignity.

“When Haigha comes back--”

“I shall be most punctual in alerting him as to your direction. I wouldn’t want the poor boy to fret.” I smiled mockingly.

She glared but started out the window.“And if Minerva comes by, would you mind not telling her…”

Dear god, the girl won't be gotten rid of.

“I wouldn’t think of it.”

“I am indebted to you.”

“That’s very good to know. I shall collect one day very soon.”

“What does that-”

“Your head start is dwindling.” She finally left.

I gave her several minutes before I pulled the rope up and threw it down the window on the far side of the tower-- not the one leading to the moat. I didn't have anything against the duchess. But I did want to give the Queen time to escape...or at least to get far enough away, the sounds of thier blades wouldn't wake me.

I sat in my chair and drowsed.

~~~

"Damn it."

I sighed and opened my eyes. "And what is it you need?" I asked sharply.

The duchess jumped and whirled around on me, hand on blade.

"It would not be wise to try and slaugther a Dormouse."

She relaxed, slightly. "Yamani was here?"

I noticed Lordshire was gone, but where he went was hard to say.

"She was."

The Duchess stared at me a long moment before sighing impatiently. "And she left...?"

I knew she was asking how not if... "She did. That would explain her absence. Lord Lordshire and Haigha left too."

"With her?"

"No."

"Well which one went out the window?"

"I saw Yamani go out a window."

Brushing past me impatiently, she tested the rope and then lowered herself out the window. I sat down in my chair.

"My, my, her manners aren't nearly as refined as the Queen's." I stretched, yawning. "In fact, they were downright dreadful. I'm glad I didn't tell her which window."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Spoiler! :
Shame you found out and got Lordshire knocked out Dx

Lord Lordshire

I woke up with a pounding headache.

After I save her AND her precious Haigha from being over run by rebels.

I stood and looked around the room. There was the overgrown rat, fast asleep in the corner, and a rope flung out the window.

So she knocks me out and abandons me. Definitely Queen of the century material.

I thought of throwing the mouse out the window, but figured I had more important things to take care of. I figured Haigha might be a problem now that he'd gone to fight, but seeing as Miranda had offed him once, almost, I figured it might be easier with an army.

With that, I left the room.

I made my way to the throne room we're Jubiah was in the middle of ranting to Miranda. It seemed to have caught the interests of both parties of the war, and all of the fighting had ceased.

Pack of fools.

I picked up a large stone off the floor, approached the two, and shouted, "HEY! We're not here to kill each other."

Everyone turned to look at me. I raised my hand and launched the stone at the nearest hearts soldier. The stone landed solidly on the side of his head and he fell without a sound.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:38 am
Alvarin says...

Miranda Marble - The White Queen
Thank God for Lordshire's timing. One more second and I would've blown Jubiah's brains out, and thereby kill a very useful rebel. He could insult me all he wanted, I really didn't care. All I wanted now was to kill my dear little sister and leave this place. To hell with the throne. That gave me an idea.

"Lordshire. Impeccable timing as always," I said with a wry smile. "Jubiah here just informed me that I would make a horrible queen, and I couldn't agree with him more." This made Lordshire look confused, an expression that I couldn't remember seeing on his face before. "You, on the other hand, is the perfect politician. Want the throne? It's yours if you do. As soon as I have killed my dear sister, that is." That ought to make him stay on my side long enough for me to get hold of my sister, right?

Haigha March - The March Hare
I swung my sword to the left and right, dodged, twirled around, jumped and swung some more. I had forgotten how much fun it could be to fight full out like this. I hadn't done it in a long time. Still the thought of the queen nagged in my mind the whole time. Should I really have left her with Lordshire? I knew she was fully capable of taking care of herself, but still. I couldn't help but worry.

I finished the group of rebels that I had been fighting, and in the corner of my eye I saw Lordshire pass me. He didn't seem to notice me. How had he been able to escape?

The dread I felt grew stronger for every step as I ran back towards the tower and threw the door open. It was empty. The window was open, but that was it.

"I suppose you're looking for the queen that you hold so dearly?" I quickly turned towards the voice I couldn't recognize, and saw a.. A big rat?
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:19 am
veeren says...

Lord Lordshire (Knave of Hearts)

Me? The king? Now that was something I could work with. And the only price would be Yamani's head. No big deal.

It wouldn't be long before the chaos began again. Rebels and hearts soldiers would be back at each others throats. But we had an advantage, we had leaders. We could tell our soldiers what to do, how to attack, where to go; the hearts didn't have that luxury. Their only leader, at least their only vocal had taken off and left them for dead. Maybe she hadn't ruined my plan after all.

"Excuse me, everyone! If you'd all be so kind as to lower your weapons and focus for a second, it would be greatly appreciated." I shouted to the crowd.

I found Miranda and Jubiah looking at me like I was crazy.

"Answer me this, if you can. Why are we fighting? Hm? Yes, what reason do we have to shed our brethren's blood today? Our cause is all one and the same, in essence. The so called rebels want to be freed from the rule of an inexperienced queen, and the hearts are only here because the queen pays them to be. Don't you think, that in the end, our struggles are all cause by the same one source? The queen? Look at you, this is her castle, is it not? And while you are here protecting her land, she's run off to save herself. How queenly is that? How badly do you believe what you're doing is worth it? Risking your humanity for a queen that wouldn't bother giving you the time of day? Why, I say, together, we are much stronger. Together we're united. Together... we're Wonderland. And that is something we surely can't say with that child known as Yamani on the throne."

The crowd was silent.

I turned to Miranda and Jubiah.

"By the way, have you seen the duchess around? I've been meaning to speak with her..." I said in a hushed tone, then added, "And did you happen to find my cane lying around?"
-Plato's Symposium

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:37 am
megsug says...

Minerva
I finally crawled out of those damn air vents. I hadn't realized how irritating small spaces were until I had spent what must have been half of my life in one.

Dropping out of the vent, I looked around... to see an empty room. It seemed I had missed the party. "Damn it," I hissed.

"And what is it you need?"

I started and whirled around, heart going a mile a minute as I fingered Lordshire's cane.

"It would not be wise to try and slaugther a Dormouse."

I calmed when I realized it was no one of any great threat. "Yamani was here?"

I noticed Lordshire was gone, but where he went was hard to say.

"She was."

I waited... and waited a moment longer, finally snapping, "And she left...?"

"She did. That would explain her absence. Lord Lordshire and Haigha left too."

"With her?"

"No."

"Well which one went out the window?"

"I saw Yamani go out a window."

I turned around to see a rope and tested it once before following it, sticking Lordshire's cane under my arm.

The wind played with my hair, and, quiet honestly, my head began to whirl a bit.

I blamed it on the several hits to the head I've suffered from recently.

I got to the end of the rope and dangled for a bit, wondering how far the ground could possibly be. I didn't remember any tower in this castle being this tall.

I risked a look down. It didn't look that far down. The moonlight glinted off of it strangely, as if it were muted, iridescent.

It was odd, I thought as I stretched, attempting to make my foot brush the ground, for ground to reflect...

My boot hit and continued through.

"Fuck!" I screamed as I realized that that dratted Dormouse had tricked me, that I had been stupid enough to fall for it.

As my grip tightened on the rope, causing the fibers to bite into my hand, I continued to curse. I tried to climb back up, but apparently it takes much more upper body strength to go up than it does to go down.

That was it! I obviously could not be nice anymore. Gone was the sentimental, disgustingly soft Minerva. I had blotted out my last name years ago. I was a Heart no longer. I was a power hungry, blood thirsty, fucking harlot who stepped on people- any people- for her own ends, and that was how I liked it!

Slowly, I began to regain my wits, my cursing being the first thing to cease. I looked around, searching for someway to escape this humiliating predicament. I twisted as far as I dared, trying to look behind me.

Beginning to lose hope, I peered through the darkness once more, already wondering if I had truly given my all in the attempt to climb up when I saw-

It could not be!

It was!

An opening leading into the castle, of what kind I did not care, just a few measly feet away. I would just have to...

I looked down at the glistening oil again and licked my lips. I tried to, using my feet to move myself, reach the opening, but it was no use, I swung back each time.

I hadn't swum in many, many years, but I supposed one could not... I swallowed thickly. ...Forget how.

I squeezed my eyes closed and covered my mouth and nose with a sleeve before letting go with the other hand.

I was immediately submerged in slime and had to fight my way to the surface.

Turns out that swimming is not a talent forgotten easily.

I scrabbled at the wall for some handhold, but there was nothing, just slick, smooth stone. I moved to my left, towards the opening as fast as I could, afraid to open my eyes for the fear of blinding myself with whatever this sludge was. I had to use both my arms to fight through it and felt myself sinking, making little progress.

I was only allowed one yelp before I went under again.

It was so heavy. In my nose, on my clothing, in my hair, pressing me down, willing me to the bottom.

I thrashed once more and my hand- which had somehow come to hold Lordshire's stick- made it to and broke the surface. I tried, honestly tried to continue, but I just... couldn't. I was beaten by a lying dormouse that was going to be haunted for the rest of his life and a moat.

What an end for the Duchess. Would they find me? ...Would anyone care?

And someone grabbed my hand.
Test

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 am
Pencil2paper says...

[b][center]Jubiah[/

While waiting for my eminent death, I hear both other than Lordshire, screaming, "HEY! We're not here to kill each other."

Both Miranda and I whirled around to face him, our conflict momentarily forgotten. We turned around just in time to see him launch a large stone at a Heart soldier. He crumpled to the floor from the impact.

"Lordshire. Impeccable timing as always," Miranda said with a smirk. "Jubiah here just informed me that I would make a horrible queen, and I couldn't agree with him more." What the hell? Was this really Miranda? It can't be. The confused, bewildered expression on my face was reflected on Lordshire's. "You, on the other hand, is the perfect politician. Want the throne? It's yours if you do. As soon as I have killed my dear sister, that is."

She has to be up to something. She hates Lordshire. She would probably die before letting Lordshire take the throne. But is she up to?

"Excuse me, everyone! If you'd all be so kind as to lower your weapons and focus for a second, it would be greatly appreciated." I shouted to the crowd.

He's insane. He is truly, medically insane.

"Answer me this, if you can. Why are we fighting? Hm? Yes, what reason do we have to shed our brethren's blood today? Our cause is all one and the same, in essence. The so called rebels want to be freed from the rule of an inexperienced queen, and the hearts are only here because the queen pays them to be. Don't you think, that in the end, our struggles are all cause by the same one source? The queen? Look at you, this is her castle, is it not? And while you are here protecting her land, she's run off to save herself. How queenly is that? How badly do you believe what you're doing is worth it? Risking your humanity for a queen that wouldn't bother giving you the time of day? Why, I say, together, we are much stronger. Together we're united. Together... we're Wonderland. And that is something we surely can't say with that child known as Yamani on the throne."

Wow. Just... wow. He actually got the Hearts, the f*cking Hearts, to plot against and kill the Queen. Maybe he would be good on the throne...
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

30 Reviews

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm
Alvarin says...

Miranda Marble
I couldn't help but smile towards Lordshire. I knew he'd do anything for power, and what more could he possibly want but become the regent of Wonderland? Jubiah kept glancing suspiciously at me, probably thought I was up to something. All I wanted was to kill my sister, nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't care less if Lordshire took the throne only to burn the country to the ground, I would be long gone by then, starting a new life somewhere else.

"By the way, have you seen the duchess around? I've been meaning to speak with her..." I said in a hushed tone, then added, "And did you happen to find my cane lying around?"

"Yeah, I saw that on the.. It's gone." The spot where I had found it laying earlier was empty. "Guess someone took it." I shrugged. He could always get a new cane. "So, since you'll be taking over, mind pointing me in the direction of my sister now?"
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Shady says...

Yamani (Queen of Hearts)

I crouched in the shrubbary of my garden, waiting for pursuit...none came.

What are you doing Yamani? You can't just hide. Either flee or fight...I should flee...that's what royals do. I thought, even as my feet moved me to the path and I walked along the aisle, back towards the palace.

"Fuck!" That was Minerva... and she sounded terrified.

I sprinted towards the call. I rounded the tower I'd climbed from, and started as I saw my cousin fighting with the thick oil. She tried to claw her way out, but couldn't. She started to sink...

I grabbed her hand and heaved her out, us both panting. She collapsed for a moment, and I glared at her limp form, wondering why I'd helped her. She was a Rebel, on my sister's side...

"You...why?" Minerva asked suspiciously, sitting up.

"Sorry," I shrugged. "Do you want me to push you back in? Someone else might come along whom you would find more suitable."

"That's not what I meant."

I sighed angrily. "I don't know what you want from me Minerva. I've tried my damnedest to make a friend of you, and every time I help you, you act as if it's some great surprise."

[they/he]

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:26 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

Minerva
I coughed, spitting out oil as I did. I wiped oil out of my eyes, careful not to open them until I was sure it wouldn't drip into my eyes, and slowly opened them. "You..." I frowned at Yamani who was glaring at me as if I had meant to fall into her damned moat and sat up slowly. "Why?" I demanded, not understanding the logic that made her save me.

She blinked at me a few times and finally shrugged carelessly. "Sorry. Do you want me to push you back in? Someone else might come along whom you would find more suitable."

I rolled my eyes. "That's not what I meant," I muttered as I tapped Lordshire's cane against the concrete. He wouldn't like it all gross. I looked down at myself and grimaced. I didn't like me all gross.

I looked up when she sighed heavily.

"I don't know what you want from me Minerva. I've tried my damnedest to make a friend of you, and every time I help you, you act as if it's some great surprise."

I stared at her. "You help me?" I asked hotly. "Excuse me, but I think I was the one that saved you from the spy you let into your castle. I wasn't the one that ratted you out right away when you decided it would be a good time to infiltrate the HQ." I pointed at my forehead, my hand dripping. "Miranda hit me for that one!" I staggered to my feet. "Don't start with the innocent act. I grew up with you, remember?" I glared at her, crossing my arms as I lifted my chin. "My Da always did say you two were trouble," I muttered, "Can't see beyond your own nose."

I began to laugh then because I was tired and I was covered in oil and my clothes were beginning to stick to my body and I had almost died and the hated queen the rebels were to kill had just saved me.

And I knew that I was just the same. What did any of us want but power to rub in the others' faces?

I sat again, giggling manically as I swung my legs out over the ledge.

"Minerva?" Yamani asked, sounding a bit unnerved.

"You know, if I hadn't wasted so much of my life hating you and Miranda, I might just leave this forsaken city." I studied the wide moat and asked before she had a chance to reply, "How far do you think I would have to jump before you couldn't reach me?"

Suddenly, nothing was funny anymore.
Test

184 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:13 am
veeren says...

Lord Lordshire (Knave of Hearts)

My eyes twitched.
That cane was...
"Irreplaceable." I said.

Trying to regain control of myself, I took a deep breath.

"So, since you'll be taking over, mind pointing me in the direction of my sister now?" Miranda asked.

"Hm? Her? No. But I know someone who might know... or rather, something"

She gave me a funny look.

"And I'm guessing he also might know where my cane is," I turned to Miranda, "You're not scared of rats are you?"

She must've thought I was crazy.

"Very well then, off we go." With this I gave Jubiah a look, trying to ask if he was coming with us.
-Plato's Symposium

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:53 am
Pencil2paper says...

Jubiah

"So, since you'll be taking over, mind pointing me in the direction of my sister now?" Miranda asked impatiently, murder in her eyes. I stepped back, just in case.

"Hm? Her? No. But I know someone who might know... or rather, something." Lordshire replied.

Both Miranda and I give him indentical quizzical looks. Who could he possibly be talking about?

"And I'm guessing he also might know where my cane is," He says, turning to Miranda. "You're not scared of rats are you?"

Wait, he isn't talking about the dungeons, is he?

"Very well then, off we go." Lordshire says, giving me a look as he passes. I get the message.

"If you mean the dungeons, I'm not going down there again. Two times was plenty."

"I am not talking about the dungeons. The other direction." In the towers, then.

But why the hell would there be a rat in the towers? And what good would a rat be to us? It's not like they can tell us anything. Then again... this is Wonderland, afterall.

Even though I have my doubts about Lordshire's sanity, coming with him couldn't hurt. I mean, its not like he has any reason to kill me, and I might end up getting to the Queen before Miranda anyway. Nothing to lose, right?
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
I know, I know, my excuse is getting old. So is lying in bed half dead. I promise my absence was unwilling and unavoidable.

Yamani (Queen of Hearts)

"I don't know what you want from me Minerva. I've tried my damnedest to make a friend of you, and every time I help you, you act as if it's some great surprise." I glared at her.

"You help me? Excuse me, but I think I was the one that saved you from the spy you let into your castle. I wasn't the one that ratted you out right away when you decided it would be a good time to infiltrate the HQ." She rubbed her forehead. "Miranda hit me for that one!"Don't start with the innocent act. I grew up with you, remember? My Da always did say you two were trouble...Can't see beyond your own nose."

She began to laugh. Hysterical, humorless, unnerving. She started cackling.

"Minerva?" I asked carefully.

"You know, if I hadn't wasted so much of my life hating you and Miranda, I might just leave this forsaken city...How far do you think I would have to jump before you couldn't reach me?"

I looked at her sharply. "The moat's not wide enough."

She turned and looked at me challengingly. I lifted an eyebrow. We stood staring at each other for several long minutes, like we did when we were children and challenged one another. Only this wasn't fun. This wasn't a game.

She opened her mouth to respond, but didn't get the chance.

"There she is." Lordshire's voice drawled.

I started and looked up, to where Lordshire and my dear bitch of a sister were hanging out of the window, looking at me. I glared and pushed myself to my feet. "Oh look, a princess wanna-be locked in a tower..."

"I'm going to kill you." Miranda hissed.

"You've got it to do."

I looked around, sighing, walking away from Minerva a few feet. I stepped right up to the edge of the moat. Minerva might've been on to something.

"You know..." I laughed shakily. "You're right. You are the only person who actually has helped me...has looked out for me...everyone else hates me."

I stared at the thick black goo in the moat. It shouldn't take long to be sucked to the bottom. It shouldn't take long be carried to the after world. I wondered which Place I'd end up.

"Everyone. My own sister....my own husband...my subjects...my cousin...no one would mourn me..." I inched forward.

"Yamani..."

"Everyone will die if Miranda takes the throne...she'll kill everyone in her path...and then the economy will follow...and everyone will blame it on me...and I don't care. I don't want to kill my sister...and she's not going to kill me." I stepped off the ledge.

[they/he]

30 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm
Alvarin says...

Haigha March - The March Hare
The Doormouse pointed at a window, and I quickly climbed down from there and landed on the lawn. Where was she? I looked around but couldn't see her anywhere. She should've made her way towards the small gate behind the castle. Should have. If she was still okay. I shook my head. She'd be fine. She could take care of herself.

I ran to the gate, but couldn't see her there, nor was she waiting outside. My heart sank. The doormouse had said that she had left, and than no one had followed her, so where was she? I jogged back towards the castle, taking my time to really look around. When I was almost there I heard voices from behind the corner.

"Everyone. My own sister....my own husband...my subjects...my cousin...no one would mourn me..." It was her talking. Why would she say such things? True, she was not the most beloved queen through the ages, but she would be mourned. By me, at least.

"Yamani..."

"Everyone will die if Miranda takes the throne...she'll kill everyone in her path...and then the economy will follow...and everyone will blame it on me...and I don't care. I don't want to kill my sister...and she's not going to kill me."

Just as I turned the corner I saw her jump down into the moat. I didn't even have time to think, I just acted. The following seconds seemed like flashing images. Sprinting towards the moat, diving in, grabbing her, hoisting her up, glancing at Miranda, Lordshire and Jubiah, making their way down a rope.

"Grab my hand!"

I looked up at Minerva, surprised at her sudden helpfulness, but did as she had told me none the less. She helped me up from the moat and I hurried to the Queen's side. She was spitting oil. Miranda and the others would reach us any second, and I needed to get her away from them.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her up on her feet, but when I tried to pull her away from the moat she pushed me away. "Let me go! Why did you even save me? You should've fled."

I shook my head. There was no way I was going anywhere without her. I'd rather rip my own heart out. I put my hand under her chin and tilted her head up, so that she had to look at me. After gently kissing her I wrapped my arms around her and whispered into her ear, so softly it was barely audible. "Yamani." She shuddered, and I could only hope that I wasn't hurting her with my voice. "I love you." Once again I took her hand and pulled her with me, towards the gate. This time she did not object.
― Thomas Harris

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
Ignore
Last edited by Shady on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

[they/he]

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 am
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry. I'm having issues.
Last edited by Shady on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

[they/he]

I'm a fledgling potato bird that lives in a nest in the rp forums
— Ley