z

Young Writers Society

Of Crows and Songbirds

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:43 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He dipped his head. "Lady Ash is called Sara; you can call her Lady Sara. Sera is the apothecary; she and Sara will sit near the kids."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yessir.” Ky dipped her head and Tadaaki followed suit. Gods. Gods they were both dead. They’d made it a few hours longer than Aleth. Whoopdedoo. Now they were to be swiftly on their way to join him.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:58 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Hm. What else? Oh, take as much food as you want."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:01 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I’m sure Ms. Miller will insist on it.” Ky smiled but it faltered when she realized that she wasn’t going to like them anymore. She’d feel betrayed. Because. Well. They’d betrayed her. How terrible of them.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Absolutely. She's all about getting people to eat enough, make no mistake!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky forced another little smile, but it was just that: forced. “…how many people are at meals usually?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Usually family and a few close friends, maybe General Xander and Captain Bay."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:18 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded. So, they shouldn’t be there. She and Tadaaki weren’t friends, much less close ones, and they certainly weren’t family. So why were they intruding on the family meal? They shouldn’t be. Not if they were going to be the only slaves there.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

They reached the dining hall, and Emery opened the door. Gaius and his family and Sera were already seated.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Thank you.” Ky nodded to Emery. She and Tadaaki were side-by-side and there was a half second beat of awkwardness before she reluctantly strode in first. Tadaaki shuffled in on her heels, hiding behind her, despite himself. They both glanced at the others in the room and gave very small, very anxious smiles.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:31 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius dipped his head. Sara smiled enthusiastically and gave a small wave, while Sera dipped her head as well. Mattathias got to his feet on top of his chair immediately.
"Hi!" he said. "Who're you?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:36 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Well, that was a warmer reception than they’d expected. And far, far warmer than either of them deserved.

Ky looked at the little boy warily but kept her anxious smile. “I’m Ky… this is Tadaaki.” He gave a little wave and dipped his head but continued hiding behind Ky.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:40 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Hi Ky and Tadaaki!" He got down from his chair and hurried over to them before Sera or his mother could stop him. "I'm Mattathias Ash and that's my sister Marcella and my brother Regulus, and that's my mama and my papa!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:47 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Well, that was cute.

And dangerous.

Ky and Tadaaki both instinctively clasped their hands — well, Ky tried, and then remembered her left arm was in a sling and had to settle for just awkwardly folding her right arm — behind their backs and tensed as he approached. Proof beyond the shadow of a doubt that they weren’t touching him inappropriately.

“A pleasure to meet you, young sir.” Ky dipped her head to him and glanced at his parents and, seeing that they didn’t look about ready to smite her for being near their child, decided to cautiously offer him her hand to shake.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:54 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius was watching them but not with any alarm or caution. Sara was smiling slightly.
Mattathias held out a pudgy hand for her to shake. "Nobody's called me sir before!" He said excitedly.

she/her

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman