z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 3)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That'd cost money, m'dear. Money I don't have. I may be a tailor, but I'm not swimming in clappers like Gaius and Tomhas." He shook his head. "I'll just make myself a little stuffed one out of felt and wool. What do you suppose your spirit animal might be?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:22 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Hmm… I guess I’ve never really thought about it,” she admitted. She thought for a long moment. No powerful animal made sense to her. And she didn’t particularly feel clever. But at the same time, a completely subdued field mouse didn’t feel quite right either. So, a mixture, maybe? What animal was like her? “Maybe… maybe a squirrel?” She looked at him with a question, even though he knew nothing about her. She dropped her gaze, listing her reasons. “I’m very, very anxious. But alert and resourceful.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"An excellent spirit animal!" Wick clapped. "I could see it; it's fitting. How about the others? What about Tomhas and company? I think Anneke would be an otter."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:29 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky grinned and nodded her agreement. “That makes sense… hmm… I think Tomhas might be…” She flushed a bit. Was this disrespectful. “He kind of reminds me of a dog. Very kind and enthusiastic and gentle-but-protective and just generally wants to be everyone’s friend.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:31 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That's also very accurate." Wick nodded. "And Lyra's a cat, definitely. Very reserved, limits her social energy, but can be very loving to those close to her. Anneliese is a dog too, I think, or a bit of a squirrel as well."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky smiled and nodded, agreeing with all of that. “I think maybe dog for Anneliese,” she commented. “I think she trusts people more than a squirrel would. Still so innocent.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Fair, fair." He nodded. "And it's too soon to tell for the little ones. What about Gaius and Sara, then? Sara's a different sort of dog, maybe. A quieter one. Or maybe a cat? She's patient and kind, and loyal. And observant, too."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:37 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded in agreement. She didn’t know anything about Sara; and she sure as hell wasn’t going to play this game about Ash.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Gaius is most definitely a cat or a raven." Wick's brow furrowed. "He's a difficult one to pin down."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:45 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded again, glancing the sculpture ahead of her. Maybe Ash was a mountain cat. As terrifying and cold as this ice one carved before her now.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:46 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Wick followed her gaze. "Ugh, let's join up with the others before this thing comes alive, eh?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yes, s-“ she nodded once. “Do you know where they are?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ummm...." Wick scanned the garden. "There." He pointed to where Tomhas had joined up with Anneliese. Mattathias, Marcella, and Oscar were back together as well.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:51 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Good eye,” Ky complimented, stepping in that direction.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:54 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Why, thank you!" Wick smiled at her and followed. "I wonder if he's talked himself out yet."

she/her

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore