z

Young Writers Society

The Celebrity Conundrum

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex made her bed and made her way down to the lobby. There was a short line to check out, so it took her twenty minutes to leave. Then, her phone vibrated. Avery wanted sunscreen.

Me: I’ll buy it from the front desk!

“Excuse me, sir? Can I buy some sunscreen?” Alex asked.

“Sure thing.”

Alex bought the sunscreen and walked out of the building. She loaded her suitcase into the back of the car, “I can drive if you want.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:26 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery hopped out of the driver's seat and ushered Alex in. "Please do. I think I've done enough driving for a month." he said sarcastically. He sat in the passenger seat and buckled up.
*insert quirky signature here*

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:22 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex entered the driver’s door, sat down, and buckled herself in. She started the engine and they were off.

xXx

“I can see the One World Trade Center!” Alex squealed. They were just entering Manhattan and they could see every building that they had heard stories about. The Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, Trump Tower, everything.

“Holy shit we’re here.” Alex said.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:06 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery was grinning from ear to ear. "Get to the hotel first. We'll drop our things there and start touring this place." he offered. "And food, please, I'm hungry."

They passed old buildings and new buildings and some more buildings of each. They passed restaurant after restaurant, and at one point, they spotted a neat looking museum too. Avery made a note to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art in a notepad. He always carried one around.

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:56 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex pulled into a parking spot near the hostel. She parked the car, reached to grab her bag out of the backseat, and stepped out into the street. She walked down the side of the car and unlocked the trunk. Alex pulled her suitcase out.

“So, here it is!” Alex looked up at the old brick building, “Let’s hope it’s renovated on the inside.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery smirked. The place really didn't look like the best on the planet, but that wasn't going to stop them from having the time of their lives. He took out his backpack and suitcase and followed Alex into the building.

It wasn't all bad. The lobby was decently sized and looked tiny compared to the other hotel they had stayed at but it was nice and cozy. He looked up at the chandelier. Avery had a suspicious feeling it was made of plastic. He shrugged it off and looked at the woman at the front desk.

It was time he stopped being so shy and opened his mouth.

"Hi... um, we booked a room? For two weeks? Under the name of--" he paused and looked at Alex. "Who's name did you put it under?" he asked her.

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“One bunkbed room, under Alexandra Leifsson.” Alex said.

“Hm, OK.” The lady at the desk said and handed Avery the keys, “Down the hall, up to the fifth floor, to the right.” She returned to her magazine.

Alex and Avery walked together to the fifth floor and rode the elevator up. They found their room and he unlocked the door. Alex walked in. It had a small bathroom, but big enough for two people to fit in it, and a tiny room. The bunkbed stretched the whole length of the left wall, but there was a desk, small TV, and mini-fridge in the corner. The view out the super wide window was great, you could see the Empire State building out of it.

Alex whistled, “This place is pretty nice. Cramped, but nice. I call the bottom bunk!”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery groaned. Personally, he had wanted the bottom bunk, but he couldn't say no. He threw his backpack on the top bunk and unzipped his suitcase on the ground. He didn't bother hanging his clothes in the closet that was provided. Lazy.

"I should call Mum and tell her we got here safe." he mumbled to himself and reached for his phone. He dialed her number and held his phone to his ear. In two rings, she picked up. Avery watched the busy streets of New York City as they talked for a while and soon Avery hung up and shook his head. Mrs. Ashton worried too much.

"If you're ready, Your Highness, can we leave now?" Avery said, turning and bowing dramatically.

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:40 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I am, Sire.” Alex giggled. She grabbed her phone and texted her dads.

Me: Just arrived in NYC! I’ll send you pics!

She stuffed it back in her purse and put the strap around her neck. Alex grabbed the keys and put them in her purse, and they were off. Avery and Alex walked together until they reached the elevator and stairs.

“Race ya down!” Alex said, standing next to the stair’s door, “1...2...3…GO!” Alex started down the stairs, probably faster than she should of.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery raced down the stairs and called out to her not too loudly. "Hey, that wasn't fair!" he said, reaching her at the bottom and grabbing her wrist gently. He stuck out his tongue at her. Avery loved when they were so carefree. It made him feel like a kid again.

They hopped into the car - Avery at the driver's seat. He turned to face Alex. "Where to?" he asked her. "To be honest with you, I'm very hungry." he said after a pause.

142 Reviews

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:27 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“There’s a nice italian restaurant a couple of blocks away.” Alex said, looking down at her phone, “Or we could go somewhere less fancy, but near some things we would want to do.”

Alex looked up. There were so many people walking down the street and so many cabs on the road; it was insane.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery stopped at a traffic light. There was so much traffic jam, he had to crane his neck to see where it started and ended. He shook his head, letting out a slow breath. "It'll be the end of summer by the time we get to wherever." he said sarcastically.

"Let's go fancy. As fancy as can be." he added dramatically.

xXx

Finally, about half an hour later, Avery pulled up to a restaurant by the name of L'Artusi. It was a small building from the outside, and Avery honestly didn't think much of it but when he walked in, he caught his breath and froze mid-step.

"This place is frickin' awesome." he breathed.

142 Reviews

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:10 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I feel underdressed.” Alex looked down at her leggings and shirt, “Oh, well.”

Alex walked up to the host and asked for a table. He showed them to a table near a wine cellar. Now Alex really felt underdressed. She sat down, looked at the menu, and gawked at the prices, “If you can find a non-alcoholic drink on this menu, please, tell me.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:28 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"You look fine." Avery assured her, grinning. "I'm the one with a shirt and jeans."

He blinked at the menu. "I mean, we've got a thousand dollars to spend." he said.

Avery called over a waitress, and ordered his stuff. "I'll have a L'artusi burger, Garganelli, um... water, I guess? And a cookie plate." he smiled at the waitress as she jotted it all down. She looked at Alex and waited for her order.

142 Reviews

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:34 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I’ll have the bucatini, the house salad… and a ginger ale, please.” Alex closed the menu and gave it to the waitress. She walked away and Alex turned to Avery, “That cookie plate sounds good.”

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100