z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 12)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'll have to think about it. What about you?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:03 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I don’t know.” Ky shrugged, thinking for another moment but still coming up short. “I’ve got everything I could possibly want already… or… well… everything but one. But he’s not going to change his mind on that just because I ate for a week… and I’ve already got everything else.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:16 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"What about immaterial goods? Information, time, things like that?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky hesitated for a long moment, considering. He might be on to something there. But… she wasn’t coming up with ideas immediately. “…like what?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He shrugged. "That's up to you. Rewards can differ from week to week."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:26 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yeah, but, like… what information? Whose time?” Gods knew she already had too much time on her hands for him to be talking about her.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:27 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Like I said, it's up to you. If you have questions for me, I can see if I can answer them. If you want time to yourself, time from Tomhas, time from one of your siblings or someone else, that seems like apt reward."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:33 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Mm… okay.” She nodded, but she still wasn’t sure if that made sense. Tomhas came here explicitly to spend time with her and Lyra; that wouldn’t require effort to get. Lyra was her only sibling here, and they already spent time together when they wanted. Hell, she probably could get time from every single person in this Keep if she asked for it, no strings attached. It seemed like they were all holding their breath around her, and would be elated if she wanted to leave her room to interact with them.

Besides.

She didn't want to be around people. That was the point.

Information was almost enticing; but what? The very thought of prying any more into family history made her feel ill. What other information was there, that would be restricted to her now? Couldn’t she just ask anyone anything she wanted right now and get whatever answers she wanted? She’d not had anyone tell her no to any information other than the journals and prying about Sera and Tristan. And she obviously was going to respect those boundaries. Hm.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He started up the stairs very carefully. "How are you feeling about being a godmother?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:46 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky instinctively stayed a step below, ready to catch him should he fall. Well, try to, anyway. She was feeling a bit weak these days, though she’d never admit that to anyone. But she’d get herself between Gaius and the stairs before both of them went sliding down them if she couldn’t actually catch him if nothing else.

“…I think they made a mistake,” Ky said quietly. “I was excited at first but… now… they should pick someone else… I need to think about it more but… I think I need to tell them to pick someone else.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Why?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:49 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I… am not fit to be a mother.” She started to shove her hands in her pockets, then realized she wouldn’t be able to catch him if she needed to if she did that, so she pulled them back out and settled for picking at the hem of her tunic instead. “So I certainly can’t raise kids that will be traumatized by losing both parents… gods forbid that ever happen. But… it’s part of the responsibilities I’d be taking — of that being a potential outcome.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:58 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, let's hope it never gets to the point where you're forced to take on the role of sole parent. But you aren't going to be a mother, Ky. A godmother has responsibilities, certainly, but you're not going to have to parent her. It would be closer to being a big sister, I expect.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"... even if something happens to both of them?" That seemed... wrong. But, then, she didn't really know how all this worked.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Let's not consider that as something in the near future," he said firmly. "That's doesn't bear thinking about, does it? But yes, I expect Tasia and her sibling would view you as more of a responsible older sibling."

she/her

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak